MARK L. WEST
555 CARMINE DRIVE, WESTBURY, NEW YORK 12121 - (999) 555-6789
Top performer with exceptional interpersonal, communication and public relations skills that allow the development of strong rapport with individuals on all levels. Outstanding record of achievement coupled with the ability to build and direct a business to profitability through leadership, creativity, effective management and the motivation and development of staff to maximum potential. Adept at analyzing and resolving problems and developing and instituting the needed procedures and responses. A consistent high level of performance dealing with people and services requiring solid management, organizational, time management and negotiating abilities. Results oriented, highly motivated to succeed. Energetic and assertive, adept at the coordination and implementation of multi-faceted operational procedures in established operations. A sound professional attitude with pride in personal performance. Seeking a position that will challenge and use management and sales experience, education and acquired skills to positively impact company performance and profitability while providing personal and professional growth.
MANAGEMENT / ADMINISTRATION EXPERTISE
- Train and evaluate staff, providing appropriate feedback regarding performance and training requirements.
- Identify corporate objectives, organize needed resources, direct operational efforts to achieve desired results.
- Attend and participate in meetings, seminars and conferences.
- Enforce, track and insure compliance with all organization policies and procedures.
- Gather and disseminate information for status reports for presentation to management staff.
OPERATIONS / FINANCE EXPERTISE
- Demonstrate effectiveness in problem evaluation coupled with the ability to generate and implement effective solutions.
- Troubleshoot operational functions to insure productivity and optimize quality.
- Solid experience in the development and administration of annual budgets, cost containment, purchasing and inventory control.
PUBLIC RELATIONS EXPERTISE
- Conceive, develop and execute innovative, targeted media messages, story placement, radio promotion and coordination of special events.
- Generate and enact public relations, advertising promotional and special event programs and campaigns to increase public awareness.
- Develop and execute prepared and unprepared speeches for various community organizations.
- Prepare presentations and represent the organization during speaking engagements at local schools and colleges to promote strong community relations and represent organization efforts.
- Institute strong networking capabilities to recruit and retain personnel.
- Coordinate daily with personnel to insure timely application processing.
CAREER HISTORY / ACHIEVEMENTS
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE, Westbury, New York 1981-Present
Air Force Recruiter - Operations Department (10/93-Present)
Air Force Recruiter - Officer Recruiting (2/93-10/93)
Air Force Recruiter - Advertising & Public Relations (2/92 - 2/93)
Air Force Recruiter - Operations Department (7/89 - 2/92)
Non Prior Service Recruiter (3/85 - 7/89)
Medical Service Specialist - NCIOC Recovery Room (10/81 - 3/85)
Air Force Recruiter - Operations
Track every aspect of the production of non-prior service, officer, nurse and physician recruiting. Maintain an up-to-date account of all jobs, assignments, reassignments and dismissals. Run Waiver Program, verify candidates and recommend those qualifying for approval. Evaluate applicants for job placement. Administer the following programs to stimulate production: Competition Program, Awards Program, Leads Program and the ROTC Scholarship Program. Coordinate all recruiting activities at the medical processing station. Perform detailed analyses of lead generation, trending, short and long-term programs to inform recruiters on more effective ways of job performance. Design and execute marketing research to establish job positioning, target markets and competition. Analyze competition and market trends and institute required changes. Generate and enact creative public relations, advertising, promotional, special events and presenta-tions to increase public awareness and recruitment.
- Top Operations NCO for entire north east
- Top Support NCO for Squadron, four times
- Top Squadron NCO
- Commander's Annual Extra Effort Award, three times
- Took over the entire squadron Officer Training School Recruitment Program servicing five states, during a nonproductive period and successfully submitted 35 Officer's Training School applications which allowed the squadron to meet its goals. This is normally done over a 12-month period by several recruiters.
- Designed squadron regulation for competition to increase production in Fiscal Year 1991 Squadron named "Top in North East, Fiscal Year 1991".
Air Force Recruiter - Advertising & Promotion
Increased community awareness of Air Force opportunities through effective advertising, promotion-al events and public relations. Developed and implemented marketing programs to increase production. Raised educator confidence in the Air Force as a viable opportunity for all students. Prepared presentations and represented the Air Force during speaking engagements at local schools and colleges to promote strong community relations. Made speeches and presentations for various community organizations.
- Doubled squadron Advertising and Promotions Program in every aspect through advertisements, community events, radio interviews
- Designed and administered the Advertising and Promotion Plan
Non Prior Service Recruiter
Responsible for local advertising, school programs, career days and lectures, daily telephone prospecting and cold calling. Conducted interviews in offices, residences and high schools and qualified candidates for the Air Force.
- Met or exceeded goals four years consecutively. Received numerous monthly and quarterly awards.
- Named one of top five recruiters in the north east
Medical Service Specialist - NCIOC Recovery Room Directed the daily activities of the Recovery Room, of the Wilfred Hall Medical Center, a 1000 bed hospital. Supervised, scheduled, trained, evaluated and counseled 16 active duty medical technicians and 2 civilian LPNs. Performed all administrative functions including supply order, inventory control and updating and maintaining regulation manuals.
- Most junior NCO put in charge of the Recovery Room of the third largest medical facility in the world
- Received excellent rating on Inspector General Inspection
University of Texas, Westley, Texas
General Studies / Marketing
Craigsville Junior College, Marquette, Georgia
General Studies / Marketing
(Total of 88 Credits)
Management Theory · Total Quality Management>
Management by Objective · Motivation, Counseling & Communication
SEMINARS / COURSES / WORKSHOPS
Advertising & Promotion · Recruiting School · NCO Leadership School
Supervisor Prep Course · Corpsman School (Basic Nursing, Emergency)
SOFTWARE: Enable · Alice · Windows · E-Mail · Harvard Graphics
HARDWARE: Z-248 · Laserjet · ALPS Printers · Plotter
EMT Certified · CPR Certified
Resume courtesy of Career Resumes