Full Time Employee
Fort George G Meade
Weapons and Capability Lead (Job Number:410002)
SAIC currently has a contingency position for a Fires and Effects Analyst to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) at Fort Meade, Maryland.
The Fires and Effects Division de-conflicts, integrates, and coordinates full spectrum operational fires in and through the cyber domain with service cyber components, subordinate headquarters, multinational forces, and the whole of government. Planned OCO and DCO are de-conflicted by following the Joint Fire Support Planning Process and the Joint Targeting Cycle, to include integrating fires into plans, pairing capabilities to create specific effects on targets, and identifying capability gaps.
Daily activities include:
• Assists in the coordination of joint strategic and operational planning and execution of joint fires, targeting, capability pairing, and threat mitigation in support of Cyber Mission Force and other operations
• Provides advice to leadership on all aspects of joint fires and threat mitigation
• Provides support to future operations planners to integrate cyber capabilities into plans
- Plans, organizes, determines, and recommends necessary policies, regulations, directives, programs, doctrine, and procedures for the establishment and maintenance of assigned and anticipated joint fires coordination and execution
• Supports planning in Offensive Cyber Operations (OCO) and Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) throughout the entire Joint Operations Planning Process (JOPP)
• Synchronizes and deconflicts Special Access Program/Special Technical Operation (SAP/STO) capabilities with operational planning
• Participates as the Fires Subject Matter Expert (SME) in exercises
• Coordinates targeting strategy development and engagement responsibilities with components, subordinates commands, and supporting commands
• Synchronizes and implements targeting methodologies and prioritization methods
• Assists with all aspects of cyber advanced targeting, to include interagency planning, joint targeting board support, cyber weapons capability analysis, target systems analysis, target materials production, collateral effects estimate, and joint planning group support.
- Minimum five (5) years of Fires/Targeting experience.
- Significant experience on or in support of a major staff, i.e.; Joint Staff or CCMD staff.
- Creation and dissemination of orders and directives to provide guidance to the DoD community.
- Staff experience researching and writing white papers, compliance reports and assessment reports in support of activities for defining policy.
- Ability to develop briefing materials, administrative, and logistics support.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively, including public speaking, and briefing senior officers.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline Graduate of military IDE
- Master’s Degree may be substituted for two (2) years of relevant experience
- DoD 8570 Level II or CND Information Assurance Certification is required.
TRAVEL AND SECURITY: CONUS/OCONUS; TS/SCI with Polygraph
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 25, 2016, 8:05:46 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT GEORGE G MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: