Full Time Employee
Graphic Artist II (Job Number:412535)
SAIC has an opening for a Graphic Artist in Ft. Meade, MD.
- Provides graphic arts development and support.
- Consults and advises customers’ staff regarding graphic projects requiring artist input.
- Creates and visualizes ideas graphically for publications and Web sites.
- Revises subject matter for graphic presentation, selecting materials and processes, and designs format.
- Prepares and oversees the preparation of original designs, drawings, graphs, charts, models, and exhibits for internal and external presentation and publication. Determines requirements for publication artwork, including selection of ink, paper, and type style in conjunction with publication customers.
- Consults with and advises customers concerning pending graphics, publications, and artwork, including cost estimates and artwork content.
- Plans and designs the production of graphics used in instructional aids, exhibits, and multi-image presentations.
- Reviews layouts, sketches, and final plans for production and evaluates artistic media.
- Coordinates production workflow of publications (periodicals, brochures, and manuscripts).
- Possesses strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Possesses excellent communications skills.
Daily activities include:
- Provides end-users with recommendations and general graphic artist support for the development of documents, briefings and websites with minimal guidance
- Maintain records and files of historical, approved, and recommended graphics
- Plans and designs the production of graphics used in instructional aids, exhibits, and multi- image presentations
- Revises subject matter for graphic presentation, selecting materials and processes, and designs format with minimal guidance
- Provides end- users with recommendations and in-depth graphic artist support for the development of documents, briefings and websites with no guidance
- Revises subject matter for graphic presentation, selecting materials and processes, and designs format with no guidance
Provides end-users with recommendations and complex graphic artist support for the development of documents, briefings and websites
- Plans and designs the production of graphics used in complex instructional aids, exhibits, and multi-image presentations
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a Graphic Artist.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Graphic Design, Art, or related discipline (or 4 years experience in lieu of).
- Active Top Secret/SCI with polygraph required
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Aug 19, 2016, 12:38:28 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: