Full Time Employee
Graphic Designer (Job Number:412575)
The DoD Agencies and Commands Customer Group, COCOM Programs Directorate of SAIC currently has a contingency full-time position for a Graphic Designer to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) JXXX, Fort Meade, Maryland.
Designs and develops graphics and illustrations for use in technical materials, manuals, and publications. Creates, plans, designs, and prepares graphics design products, computer-generated animation, photographs, text, and abstract illustrations. Provide advice and assistance with interpreting and applying guidelines and standards for design, graphics, composition, and techniques related to the communication of information. Formulates concept and creates illustrations and detail from models, sketches, memory, written or verbal instructions, and imagination. Selects type, draws lettering, and lays out material. Determines style, technique, and medium best suited to produce desired effects and conform to reproduction requirements. Sets priorities, goals, and deadlines, and makes recommendations on how to plan and accomplish assignments that require integration and synthesis of a number of unrelated disciplines and disparate concepts.
Daily activities include:
- Designs and develops graphics and illustrations for use in technical materials, manuals, and publications with minimal guidance
- Maintain records and files of historical, approved, and recommended graphics Understands basic concepts of cyberspace, OCO, and DCO and uses this knowledge to recommend graphic designs to communicate information pictorially
- Designs and develops substantive graphics and illustrations for use in technical materials, manuals, and publications with no guidance
- With minimal guidance, sets priorities, goals, and deadlines, and makes recommendations on how to plan and accomplish in- depth, non-routine, and ambiguous assignments that require integration and synthesis of a number of unrelated disciplines and disparate concepts
- Designs and develops extremely complex graphics and illustrations for use in technical materials, manuals, and publications
- Operates independently, sets priorities, goals, and deadlines, and makes final recommendations on how to plan and accomplish highly complex, non- routine, and ambiguous assignments that normally require integration and synthesis of a number of unrelated disciplines and disparate concepts
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience as a Graphic Designer.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Graphic Design, or related discipline;or 4 years of experience in lieu of.
- TRAVEL AND SECURITY: CONUS/OCONUS;
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
- **Position contingent upon contract award***
This position may be filled by one of SAIC’s teaming partners. By expressing interest in this position you are authorizing SAIC to provide and/or share your candidate profile, including your resume, with one of SAIC’s teaming partners.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Aug 22, 2016, 2:00:04 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: