Full Time Employee
Fort George G Meade
Systems Engineer, Senior (Job Number:409890)
SAIC currently has a contingency position for a Senior Systems Engineer to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) at Fort Meade, Maryland.
The successful candidate will collaborate, correlate, and provide analysis of cyberspace incident reports derived from reliable resources, network sensors, vulnerability management devices, open source information and DoD component provided situational awareness of known adversary activities.
Responsible for the management of the Systems Design Engineering staff. Organizes project and task workloads and selects individuals most qualified for assignments on specific projects. Directs technical organization to ensure progress according to technical objectives, within budgetary and scheduling guidelines. Assesses results of technical projects under direction. Responsible for the training, motivation and discipline of assigned employees. Participates in systems engineering activities which include one or more of the following: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System & Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation, Decision Analysis and Resolution.
Daily activities include:
• Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities.
- Evaluates, develops and delivers technical input to the systems engineering process
- Develops technical documentation, system architecture, and system design documentation.
- Ultimately responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility
Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a System Engineer.
- Experience and knowledge of engineering policies and procedures
- At a minimum, DoD 8570 Level I Certification is required
- Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities
- Experience preparing system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
- Experience delivering briefings on complex topics
Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an Accredited college or university in System Engineering, related discipline
Master’s Degree may be substituted for two (2) years of relevant experience
SECURITY: Active TS/SCI with Polygraph required
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 24, 2016, 8:07:26 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT GEORGE G MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: