Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Cisco Network Engineer (Job Number:410455)
SAIC is seeking a Network Engineer in Washington, DC to support a government client.
- Sets up, configures, and supports internal and/or external networks.
- Develops and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations.
- Troubleshoots network performance issues and creates and maintains a disaster recovery plan.
- Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of network communications.
- Uses knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks.
- Tests and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements.
- Provides technical support and guidance to users.
Required Education and Skills
- 4+ years of of core routing and switching in an enterprise environment.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance. Higher DoD Clearances accepted.
- Cisco Certification.
- Experience in and demonstrated knowledge of network theory and systems
- Experience in Cisco LAN/WAN design, implementation, and maintenance
- Knowledge of routers, switches, multiple communication protocols, intranet and the Internet
- Knowledge of routing protocols, EIGRP, BGP, IGP, OSPF and policy routes
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jan 19, 2017, 12:52:34 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: