Full Time Employee
Fort George G Meade
Test Engineer (Job Number:412593)
The DoD Agencies and Commands Customer Group, COCOM Programs Directorate of SAIC currently has a contingency full-time position for an Test Engineer to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) JXXX, Fort Meade, Maryland.
The Test Engineer performs specialized tests to support analysis and evaluation of technologies and systems. Develops test and evaluation plans, and test procedures with acceptable pass rating results. Compiles, and analyzes documentation, data, and other products to evaluate and validate sensor system performance capabilities and effectiveness, assesses risk, and determines operational feasibility and benefits of USCYBERCOM systems or technology prototypes to include recommending assessments of system performance, identifying deficiencies, and investigation of physical science phenomena. Conducts evaluations of the quality of proposed and existing software systems and solutions that support various cyberspace software activities to be integrated into various networks and architectures. Conducts capability vulnerability assessments and testing customized to the system function and technical requirements, and based on status within security assessment and authorization cycle and authority to operate status. Evaluates capabilities components against their ability to resist threats in the deployed environment, configurations, and implementation of firewalls, proxy servers, routers, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), wireless networks, etc., against legal requirements, departmental /local procedures associated with operations. Conceives, proposes, designs, and builds software projects in support of R&D activities to develop cyber tools and techniques to mitigate identified vulnerabilities.
Conducts highly Penetration Testing Projects, including:
- Internal Penetration Testing (Networks, Servers, Workstations), stealth techniques for evading IDS/IPS
- External Penetration Testing (Email, Web Services, Remote Access, etc.)
- Web Application Penetration Testing (Anonymous and Authenticated)
- Data Exfiltration Assessments
- System administration in areas such as Database Security (MS SQL and Oracle), Network Architecture (Cisco and Checkpoint), Mobile Device Management, Web Servers (IIS and Apache), and Virtualization
Daily activities include:
- Conducts test, evaluation, and analysis activities with minimal guidance
- Provides content towards the development of test and evaluation plans, and test procedures
- Tests software applications for operational deployment throughout the entire systems life cycle
- Contributes to test and evaluation planning and preparation activities
- Contributes to the planning and development of test environments that are to be integrated into the USCYBERCOM test enterprise architecture
- Perform tests and experimentation in support of USCYBERCOM test activities/experimentations to include test architecture development, equipment calibrations, repairs, modifications, and adjustments to support task objectives
- Analyzes capabilities for potential vulnerabilities that may result from improper system configuration, hardware or software flaws, or operational weaknesses
- Presents any security issues that are found to the system owner with an assessment of impact and a recommendation for mitigation, or a technical solution
- Assesses system information security policies against client policies
- Ensures policies are comprehensive to the system
- Conducts test, evaluation, and analysis activities with no guidance
- Provides substantive content towards the development of test and evaluation plans, and test procedures
- Substantively contributes to the planning and development of test environments that are to be integrated into the USCYBERCOM test enterprise architecture
- Conducts prototype assessments in field environments, operate test instrumentation, and support remote testing
- Conducts complex test, evaluation, and analysis activities
- Conducts test and evaluation planning and preparation activities Develops test and evaluation plans, and test procedures
- Coordinates the planning and development of test environments that are to be integrated into the USCYBERCOM test enterprise architecture
- Coordinates wargame efforts and coordinates with functional area Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), as needed, for facilitation, operational cyber subject matter expertise, senior policy subject matter expertise, Modeling and Simulation (M&S) development expertise, and administrative and logistics support for the wargame seminars and capstone events
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a Test Engineer.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in System Engineering or related discipline (or 4 years experience in lieu of)
- At a minimum, DOD 8570 IAM Level I Certification is required.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- TRAVEL AND SECURITY: CONUS/OCONUS
- **Position contingent upon contract award***
This position may be filled by one of SAIC’s teaming partners. By expressing interest in this position you are authorizing SAIC to provide and/or share your candidate profile, including your resume, with one of SAIC’s teaming partners.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Aug 19, 2016, 3:05:39 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT GEORGE G MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: