Full Time Employee Contractor
• Provide multiple-system integration and interoperability support for C4ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence Surveillance, Reconnaissance) labs. These labs provide integration testing and training environments for soldiers using the Army Battle Command (ABCS) and related systems (e.g. CPOF, DCGS-A, FBCB2).
• Recommend resource allocations required to securely operate and maintain system IA requirements.
• Assist government personnel in identifying security programs implications of new technologies or technology upgrades.
• Manage scanning schedules and POAM updates for systems. Ability to scan a system and update a POAM as required.
• Assist government personnel in developing system security configuration guidelines for DCGS-A.
• Report security violations and incidents through your site and region government IAM/IASO to the servicing RCERT in accordance with Section VIII, Incident and Intrusion Reporting.
• Assists the government in Information Assurance awareness training and education.
• Educate task order personnel on required Information Assurance process to maintain system accreditation.
• Maintain knowledge of current and emerging Federal, Department of Defense (DoD), and Army requirements, policies, regulations, and trends.
• Maintain knowledge of information vulnerabilities and trends.
• Collaborate effectively with the customer, CECOM SEC and other project team members.
• Understand and apply sound Information Assurance principles and methodology to all work.
• May Lead a team and/or less senior staff.
• Knowledge of DoD IT organizations and responsibilities.
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
• Ability lead or work on informal teams.
• Knowledge of the Department of Defense Information Technology operating environment.
• Ability to assess the impact of computer and/or network system security vulnerabilities to the information assurance environment and recommend mitigating solutions.
• Ability to perform independent or collaborative research on solutions for IA requirements.
• Ability to assess current IA capabilities against future requirements and provide a strategy to close any capability gap.
• Research IA regulatory compliance requirements and tools for IA requirements. Provide recommendations and strategies for material and/or non-material solutions to improve the system and/or organizational IA posture.
• Advise the government/Unit on system recovery process compliance.
• Advise the government/Unit on monitoring system performance, IA security, privacy requirements and system security configuration guidelines within the DCGS-A environment.
• Report on the system FSE’s compliance with the DCGS-A vulnerability management process that includes the systematic identification and mitigation of software and hardware vulnerabilities for each DCGS-A system under their control.
• Report on and advise the FSE on implementation of IAVM dissemination, reporting, and compliance procedures.
• Advise and recommend corrective measures when an IA incident or vulnerability is discovered.
• Assist the unit and/or system FSE in developing/coordinating waiver requests for unresolved vulnerabilities.
• Report on the unit’s logging and auditing capability.
• Foster a collaborative relationship with the regional IA specialist.
• Provide the IA specialist visibility on the IA status of regional sites.
• Maintain a technical specialist continuity book for the region.
To apply for this job, contact: