Full Time Employee
Warehouse Manager (Job Number:415371)
SAIC is seeking a Warehouse Manager to support work at the NAVY's Mid-Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center in Virginia Beach.
This position will manage the operation of a remote classified storage facility providing for the maintenance, packaging, transportation, shipping and temporary storage of test equipment and fixtures and technical documentation in support of C4I, and Combat Systems engineering maintenance and repair aboard U.S. Navy surface ships. Support to ship systems includes any and all systems and equipment both major and minor that comprise the C4Ind Combat Systems and suites. The position will also be responsible for management of shop facilities used to prefabricate parts and components and maintain storage of incidental material as need in support of alterations and repairs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: - High school diploma or equivalent, plus a minimum of five (5) years experience within the past ten (10) years in material warehousing procedures and practices pertaining to receiving, shipping, and inventory management, including one (1) year experience with U.S. Navy Supply System procedures. Undergraduate degree preferred.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: - Minimum of two (2) years experience within last 10 years in a supervisory capability over two or more warehouse specialists.
- Knowledgeable of and experience with operation of a classified storage space in accordance with DOD5220.22/M (NISPOM) certification.
- Excellent knowledge of DOD/Navy Supply Support systems and procedures, directives, policies, standards and documentation.
- Ability to manage and supervise a small team of warehouse personnel and logisticians.
- Familiar with DOD/USN supply management software systems. - Familiar with working with DOD/USN technical logistical data.
- Ability to interact with and effectively communicate technical information with senior engineers, technicians, Project Managers and Maintenance Team personnel.
- Working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs.
- Good technical writing and organizational abilities are required.
- * Must possess an active Secret clearance. **
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Jan 12, 2016, 12:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: