Full Time Employee
Shipboard Instrumentation and Systems Calibration (SISCAL) Technician (Job Number:415469)
SAIC has a direct opening for a SISCAL Technician in Jacksonville, FL.
- The SISCAL Calibration Technician is responsible for the set-up, calibration, testing, of components, instruments, and mechanical assemblies and circuits on U.S. Navy ships.
- Work is performed in an industrial environment and applicants must recognize failures, and correct problems and determine the need for appropriate verification.
- Prepares written reports and makes recommendations for procedural changes.
- Works on assignments that are complex in nature.
- Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups, and USN active duty personnel.
- High school diploma or Equivalent.
- 3+ years of related experience, performing Shipboard Instrumentation and Systems Calibration (SISCAL) or conducting Shipboard Gauge Calibration (SGCP) on-board Navy Ships.
- Documented SGCP and SISCAL certifications are required.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- Must be willing to travel CONUS and OCONUS (10-20%)
- Preferred USN ratings: GSE
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Jan 13, 2016, 11:00:00 PM
Primary Location: United States-FL-MAYPORT
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: