Full Time Employee
Antisubmarine Warfare (ASW) Trainer/Evaluator Support Training Specialist, Afloat Training Group Atlantic (ATGL) (Job Number:415688)
JOB DESCRIPTION: *T&S*
The Training and Simulation Service Line, in support of the Navy and Marine Corps Customer Group, currently has a career opportunity for an Antisubmarine Warfare (ASW) Trainer/Evaluator to provide unit-level academic training support in the classroom and underway to Afloat Training Group Atlantic (ATGL) in Norfolk, VA as a training subject matter expert (SME).
Training SMEs are highly-skilled persons with knowledge gained over years of experience at senior levels. They promote greater information sharing for staffs and stakeholders. They provide realistic as well as reliable, consistent support and well-developed recommendations to various audiences in training and real world events. They will maintain the integrity of the training objectives, and maintain a knowledge base that is consistent with the requirements that cover the full spectrum of the listed Functional Area duties. SMEs serve as the catalyst for developing and evaluating requirements. They provide the expertise and insight to support programs and leaders at all levels, including very senior levels, civilian and military sectors. They are experienced subject matter experts in their fields of expertise.
The individual in this position will serve as a classroom and shipboard ASW operational trainer and evaluator supporting the Basic Phase of the Fleet Readiness Training Plan (FRTP), including unit-level academic training; Navy Mission Essential Task List (NMETL)/Navy Military Training Information Management System (NTIMS) development tracking and training; development, execution, and assessment of training scenarios; shipboard training team and training officer seminars; and fleet synthetic training (FST) unit level program training at ATGM. The ideal candidate will have operational experience underway as an AN/SQQ-89 A(V)15 shipboard sonar supervisor with five years of experience as a sonar operator/technician. He/she will have experience with fleet training processes, live exercises, and Fleet Synthetic Training (FST) capabilities. In addition, he/she will have three years of applicable Training SME experience in/with:
- U.S. Navy training operations, policy, doctrine, systems, and staff procedures
- Managing/ prioritizing projects involving stakeholders
- Leveraging best practices and handling multiple tasks and interruptions with minimal impact on productivity/deliverables
- Conducting fleet training analysis/assessment to identify gaps, training needs and solutions
- Public speaking and providing presentations
Specific Functional Area duties include:
- Conduct classroom and hands-on training for shipboard technicians and tacticians in the operation and maintenance of the AN/SQQ-89(V)15 and A(V)15 sonar systems and associated subsystems in accordance with current Type Command (TYCOM) training policy and instructions and the ASW qualification (ASWQ) program (CNSP/CNSLINST 3361.1 series).
- Provide instruction on sonar principles and environmental analysis and exploitation to include tactical oceanography.
- Support both underway and in port training missions.
- Provide technical/operator support for AN/SQQ-89(V)15 and AN/SQQ-89 A(V)15.
- Conduct live training for Navy technicians and tacticians from surface combatants in the operation and maintenance of the AN/SQQ-89 (V)15 and A(V)15 sonar systems and associated subsystems.
- Provide sonar supervisor level expertise in the operation and tactical employment of the AN/SQQ-89(V)15 and A(V)15 sonar systems in accordance with current TYCOM training policy and instructions and the ASWQ instruction (CNSP/CNSLINST 3361.1 series).
- Establish and review course content and objectives.
- Conduct training sessions and develop criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Maintain records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
- Provide subject matter expertise on Sonar Imaging Processing System (SIPS) and major systems within the SQQ-89 suite.
- May be required to travel (support underway missions) up to 50 percent of the time.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Active military duty experience including recent instructional/training experience.
- Underway experience as AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 sonar supervisor and five (5) years’ combined experience as operator/technician for the AN/SQQ-89(V)15 and AN/SQQ-89 A(V)15 systems.
- Six (6) years of technical and general Training Specialist experience (eight years in lieu of degree will be considered)
- Three (3) years of applicable Training Specialist and Functional Area experience (see detailed tasks above).
- Must possess proven written and verbal communication skills and be able to act independently.
- Experience in use of MS Office (e.g., Excel, Access, PowerPoint) products.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree.
- Five (5) years’ experience as shipboard sonar supervisor.
- Three (3) years of operational experience with the SQQ-89A(V)15 system (build 9 or later version).
- Experience as Combat Systems Training Team member.
- Designation as Afloat Training Specialist or Master Training Specialist.
- Familiarity with Surface Force Readiness Manual (SFRM), Surface Force Exercise Manual (SFEM), and use of the Master Scheduling Program (MSP) is a plus.
- **Current DoD Secret clearance REQUIRED. ***
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Feb 12, 2016, 4:44:01 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-NORFOLK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: