Full Time Employee
Engineering Technician / NULKA Decoy Launcher Refurbishment SME (Job Number:415712)
This position will provide US Navy Combat Systems engineering and technical support to Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC). The selected candidate will provide technical assistance for the refurbishment, removal, and installation of the MK 137 Mod 10 Nulka Launcher aboard US Navy vessels.
REQUIRED GENERAL EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of six (6) years full-time hands-on technical experience within last 15 years in the operation, maintenance, installation, test, and/or repair of electrical/electronic systems/equipment incorporated in Combat systems.
REQUIRED SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of three (3) years full-time engineering experience within the last ten (10) years in Combat systems in a hands-on role. Experience in a supervisory capacity over technicians operating and maintaining Combat systems is a plus.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in refurbishment of MK 137 MODs 7 & 10 Nulka Launchers.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in the removal and installation of MK-137 MODs 7 & 10 Nulka Launchers.
- Certified installer of PCMS, IAW NAVSEA Standard Item 009-78, with a minimum of three (3) years hands-on experience.
- A minimum of one (1) year hands-on experience with corrosion control and prevention.
OTHER DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent communication skills to interface with numerous Engineering and Trades organizations and work with minimal supervision.
- Good technical writing and organizational abilities are required.
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE:
- Active SECRET CLEARANCE
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Jan 27, 2016, 12:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: