Full Time Employee
Senior Staff Officer (Job Number:415800)
SAIC is seeking a Senior Staff Officer to support key regions in Africa .Candidates must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph. Work location is in Northern Virginia.
- Supporting Government staff in developing a broad range of written products in support of senior leadership and USG policymakers.
- Assisting Government staff with the preparation of packages and documents for U.S. Government meetings.
- Assisting Government staff with formulating and developing written products related to strategic initiatives and strategic fora.
- Helping to create talking points, posture papers, and memorandums for senior-level meetings.
- Maintaining situational awareness of a variety of AOR issues and related intelligence challenges and providing written or verbal responses (for Government review and approval) to policymaker requests, questions, and concerns.
- Assisting in tracking tasks as well as creating cables and travel orders.
- Bachelor's degree or higher or equivalent, related work experience
- 9 years of work experience related to the technical requirement against which the individual is slated to perform and the designated Area of Responsibility (AOR} associated with the position
- 3 years of experience working with or in the IC
- 5+ years' experience with developing, creating, and articulating strategies and plans to support organizational goals related to the designated regional or functional area of responsibility (AOR).
- 5+ years' experience working with multiple USG organizations creating and implementing strategic policies and plans.
- Demonstrated expertise implementing strategic initiatives, with a particular focus on enabling community-level sharing and development of IC-wide, cross-occupational expertise in the designated regional or functional area of responsibility (AOR).
- Demonstrated strong writing, organizational, communication and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet simultaneously deadlines in short periods of time and proficiency in working effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Significant demonstrated understanding of the IC structure and individual Agency capabilities and mission posture.
- 5+ years' experience supporting the IC or USG Policy Community in a Staff Officer capacity.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the assigned office’s designated regional or functional area of responsibility (AOR).
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Jan 28, 2016, 12:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: