Full Time Employee
Systems Architect (Job Number:415817)
Job Description and Duties:
- Designs architectures that include software, hardware, and communications solutions to support the total requirements, as well as provide for present and future cross functional requirements and interfaces.
- Ensures architectures are in compliance with open systems standards as they apply to the client’s environment.
- Evaluates compatibility of information system development efforts with agency architectures and recommends adjustments, as appropriate.
- Evaluates problems of workflow, organization, and planning and develops appropriate corrective action.
- Works with clients and others in development of product definition and requirements, developing project scopes of work, budgeting, and project management.
- Provide guidance and direction to less experienced systems architects.
- Technical knowledge of workflow processes
- Network requirements.
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas
- Engage in studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
- Review bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve throughput
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor of Science (BS) degree or higher in engineering, computer science, information technology and 11+ years of relevant experience
- 7+ years’ specialized experience working with satellites, ground systems, sensors, and data products.
- Demonstrated experience improving efficiencies and reducing cost of providing O&M for large computer systems
- Experience working on NOAA programs
- Experience with meteorology or atmospheric science
- Experience working with data ingest, processing, and distribution
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Feb 4, 2016, 4:41:32 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: