Full Time Employee
Senior Acquisition/Contracts Professional (Job Number:415903)
SAIC is seeking a Senior-level Acquisition/Contracts professional to advise and support senior leaders and Program Managers within classified programs for the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC).
This resource will have strong experience with all stages of the acquisition cycle including market research, acquisition strategy, solicitation, competitions (FAR 15, 16 and 8), sole source, awards, modifications, and closeouts. This position is based in El Segundo, CA. Qualified applicants must possess a TS/SCI clearance and consent to a polygraph examination.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide expert advice to the Program Manager and staff regarding acquisition strategies, solicitation development, determinations and findings, justification and approvals, contract types, proposal evaluation/pricing and administration
- Function as an advisor to competitions and sole source negotiations
- Provide training and mentoring to government personnel in the contracting office being supported
- Interpretation of the FAR (DFAR, AFFAR and SMC procedures) related to acquisition and contracting
- BS/BA Degree- Business, Psychology or other related field of study
- 20+ years of experience in acquisition and contracting within the Air Force community.
- Must be able to work independently
- Able to interface with all levels of functional offices at SMC to accomplish projects for the program office
- An activeTS/SCI clearance with willingness to consent to a polygraph examination
- Master's degree preferred in related field of study, JD a plus
- Previous contracting officer warrant or direct experience as a buyer in the government a significant plus
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 30, 2016, 9:58:04 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-EL SEGUNDO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: