Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Senior Program Manager - IT Services (Job Number:415857)
The Federal/Civilian Customer Group of SAIC is seeking a highly qualified Senior Program Manager (PM) to lead a large federal Information Technology (IT) contract in Washington, DC. The Program Manager (PM) must be responsive to the Customer for the business needs of the task order. As SAIC’s authorized representative, the PM is expected to be available to discuss program progress, reviews, attend meetings, etc. with Government management within a single business day and without the necessity for travel. The PM will be the single representative responsible for program performance, services and deliverables under the task order and will serve as the primary liaison between the customer and SAIC. The Program Manager shall be available to the COR and/or Government Program Manager via telephone and email between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday, and shall respond to inquiries for discussion or resolution within 4 hours notification. The PM will be the single representative responsible for all performance, services and deliverables under the task order and will serve as the primary liaison between the customer and SAIC.
- Candidate will be responsible for managing a team of IT professionals in the development of a data management turn-key system which integrates aviation information to enable analysis, visualization and reporting to FAA stakeholders.
- The candidate will work closely with the government Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative (COTR), government technical leadership, and SAIC operational leadership.
- The PM duties will include managing all aspects of the successful development of the solution from initiation to delivery to operations.
- As well as business relationship management, meeting technical, schedule and financial requirements using SAIC Earned Value Management System (EVMS); directing and/or supervising personnel; risk management; subcontractor oversight; and serve as a direct liaison between the SAIC technical team and customer.
- The Program Manager is expected to champion the implementation of service management best practices and foster an environment of consistent execution and continual improvement
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Management Information Systems, or related from an accredited institution. Minimum of 10 years of IT Program Management overseeing IT solution development programs for a large federal agency, at least 5, of which shall be specialized in Enterprise Engineering and Operations; Demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks and teams; demonstrated ability to coordinate individuals and groups to meet performance baselines. Proven experience managing a $15M a year program. Current Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate. Strong facilitation expertise with experience and comfort managing small to very large project groups through complex concepts/issues. The selected PM will have experience working with stakeholders at various levels and functional areas and will ensure alignment of IT resources and services to business requirements. Strong writing and presentation development skills, with an ability to produce high-quality deliverables created through collaboration is required. Excellent analytical skills to uncover root causes to issues organization and technical are sought. Experience providing executive level briefings to advance customers goals, share results of accomplishments, and opportunities for improvement. Experience developing services with quantifiable metrics to measure performance and impact from improvement initiatives. Candidate must be local to Washington DC area, or relocate to Washington DC area.
Knowledge of and demonstrated experience managing teams in the following areas:
- Enterprise Services – DevOps & Engineering
- System/Solution Development using custom and COTS software components and tools
- Understanding of Data Base Management and Business Analytics
- Enterprise Operations
- End User Services such as Configuration, Change and Release Management (CCRM) and Test & Evaluation
Desired Qualifications: Master’s degree highly desirable in related field. Intermediate ITIL certification (Service Offerings & Agreements and/or Continual Service Improvement). Must have experience with EVMS. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) experience highly desirable.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Feb 24, 2016, 1:03:02 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Other Clearance
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: