Full Time Employee
Network/Telecom Service Delivery Manager (Job Number:416181)
The Network/Telecom Services Delivery Manager is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating activities associated with enterprise-level network services on behalf of SAIC’s client engagements. This position will implement SAIC designs and operation processes and will be expected to function at the highest level in technical coordination and project management - planning, scheduling, and controlling of projects and initiatives to meet objectives (i.e., performance, cost, and time goals while controlling or maintain the scope). This person will also specify goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling and identification of resources. Coordinates activities of personnel to ensure network engagements progress on schedule and within budget. The N/T Services Delivery Managers area of responsibility include Data Center networks, Wide Area Networks, Local Area Campus and Branch networks, voice and video services and wired and wireless network connectivity.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Program Manager on specific programs to attend meetings, consolidate and translate requirements to new design and operational needs.
- Create relevant documentation and provide customer facing technical presentations as needed.
- Manage network and telecom teams who design, test, install, configure, and monitor the network.
- Hire, evaluate, and counsel staff. Provide guidance, training, and motivation to develop staff.
- Set performance standards, review performance, provide feedback, and recommend salary actions in accordance with HR policies and procedures.
- Manage the implementation of policies and procedures, system monitoring and automation, and troubleshooting activities.
- Work closely with team leads to develop and implement staffing and operational plans.
- Participate in the development of short and long term department goals.
- Ensure staff complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and security standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels.
- Responsible for technical and managerial leadership in establishment of goals and priorities, design, project planning, day-to-day operation, maintenance and advanced troubleshooting of enterprise-wide telecommunications infrastructure, including telephones, voicemail, Unified Communications and Enhanced 911 applications, network WAN/LAN routing, switching, cabling and wiring.
- Manage 24 x 7 network operation teams ensuring optimal network performance including monitoring, surveillance, troubleshooting and restoration.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling network and telecommunication system upgrades.
- Respond to network/ telecommunication requests, make recommendations for improving system performance, and serve as troubleshooter on major telecommunications and network issues.
- Cisco Systems, Nexus, Catalyst, ASR
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Cisco Prime Collaboration
- Riverbed Technology
- Juniper Networks
- CA Health
- Cisco Unified Call Manager
- Cisco Unified Call Manager Express
- Cisco Unity
- Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE)
- Conductor and Contact Center Express
- Business Edition 6000/7000
Technologies & Protocols:
- L2/L3 routing/switching, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Enhanced Interior Gateway, Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN), Spanning Tree Protocol(STP), End-to-End Quality of Service (E2E QoS), Coarse Wavelength Division Multiplexing (CWDM), Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM), Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), Domain Name Server (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Network (DMVPN), Group Encrypted Transport - Virtual Private Network (GET-VPN), JIE (Joint Information Exchange), NIPRNET/SIPRNET
- Presence, Instant Messaging, Video, Microsoft Lync, Jabber Video, Voice Gateway, T1 Channel Associated Signaling (CAS), Digital Signal 3 (DS3), Unified Communications, Call Control, Unity Connection, Voice Mail, Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) Gateways, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST), TelePresence Video, Polycom Video Conferencing, Call Routing, Automatic Number Identification (ANI), Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC), Calling Line Identity (CLI), Computer Telephony Integration (CTI), Direct Inward Dialing (DID), Dialed Number Identification Service (DNIS), Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Private Branch Exchange (PBX)
- Bachelorette Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or related field and a minimum of 9 years of hands on experience with Data, Voice and Video Networks; or Masters Degree and minimum 7 years of experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) desired
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) desired
- Must have active Top Secret Clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 25, 2016, 12:22:33 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-FORT BELVOIR
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: