Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Database Support - SeaWatch Analyst (Job Number:416712)
- The SeaWatch Analyst scope of support includes vessel movement database support; analysis of historic and near-real-time plot of the civil maritime environment.
- The SeaWatch Analyst duties include:
- The SeaWatch Analyst supports the branch Movement Team by meeting requirements for the SeaWatch deliverables, including SeaWatch/Generic Area Limitation Environment (GALE), Web Temporal Analyst System (WEBtas), and SeaWatch Analytical Tool (SWAT) User Intelink Database Support.
- Monitors, corrects, and reenters "rejected/unequated" ship positional data, as well as, update port/place name tables to facilitate automatic processing of ship data.
- Conducts user testing of the functionality of new and modified SeaWatch, GALE, SWAT, and WEBtas applications and functions for analyst use, using a government provided test plan.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- TS/SCI eligibility
- 2 years experience performing all source analysis in the Intelligence Community (IC).
- 2 years of experience working with GALE Lite.
- Proficiency with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) such as Google Earth and ArcGIS.
- Proficiency with message handling systems such as Think Analyze and Connect (TAC} and Multimedia Message Manager (M3).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products -MS Word and Power Point.
- Ability to conduct open source research.
- Ability to author operational intelligence reports and executive level intelligence assessments.
- Ability to train Navy reservists performing SeaWatch work from the same facility.
- Ability to train branch personnel to perform the SeaWatch task. Preferred: A focus on civil maritime shipping, ship building, ship operation, ship characteristics or the Maritime Industry is preferred.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 26, 2016, 11:29:15 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: