Full Time Employee
Database Support Analyst - Automated Merchant Identification Shipping (AMIDSHIPS) Analyst (Job Number:416714)
- The AMIDSHIPS Analyst scope of support includes the identification, maintenance, and data basing of merchant ships (vessels equal to or greater than 500 gross tons), and those designated as high interest vessels.
- The AMIDSHIPS Analyst duties include:
- Provide database support for the identification, maintenance, and data basing of merchant ships (vessels equal to or greater than 500 gross tons), and those designated as high interest vessels.
- Analyze and input multi- source electronic and hard copy imagery data.
- Resolve current and/or historical characteristics data issues for all merchant vessels and vessels of interest as well as monitor, evaluate, update and provide feedback on source data.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- TS/SCI eligibility
- 1 year experience performing all source analysis in the Intelligence Community (IC).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products -MS Word and Power Point.
- Proficient research and analysis skills.
- Experience using databases to conduct queries.
- Ability to conduct open source research.
- Ability to author operational intelligence reports and executive level intelligence assessments.
- Ability to use advanced photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop to edit and process images and blueprints.
- Ability to train Navy reservists performing AMIDSHIP work from the same facility.
- Ability to train branch personnel to perform photo and blueprint processing for the AMIDSHIPS task.
- A focus on civil maritime shipping, ship building, ship operation, ship characteristics or the Maritime Industry is preferred.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 26, 2016, 11:28:50 AM
Primary Location: United States-WA-EVERETT
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: