Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Database Analyst - Merchant Ship Characteristic Database (Job Number:416709)
- The MSCDB Analyst scope of support includes technical data on vessel characteristics, photography, blueprints, and ownership. Information is disseminated to internal operational systems used in ship tracking, cargo analysis, and vessel identification.
- Research all available sources to include Open Source Intelligence (OSINT), media, printed material, and ONI collateral systems for vessel information relating to its physical and mechanical characteristics, operational capabilities, and ownership.
- Evaluate the quality of this information and update the MSCDB to reflect the most current information.
- Review, validate, and update MSCDB based upon analyses of all available civil maritime data source.
- Resolve current and historical data accuracy issues, as well as monitor, evaluate, update in MSCDB.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree
- 1-3 years’ of experience with Open Source Intelligence (OSINT)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 29, 2016, 3:22:08 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: