Full Time Employee
AFIT Technical Support/Research Analyst (Job Number:417191)
The Research Analyst (RA) provides technical support and conducts applied research to include one or more of the following: Critical Infrastructure Protection, Data Mining & Forensics, Embedded Systems in Avionics / Aircraft Survivability, Side Channel Analysis & Hardware Testing, and other general technical requirements). Responsibilities may include:
- Guiding technical teams through applied research projects.
- Teaching graduate level courses.
- Participating in technical committees and peer-reviewing journals, technical documents, and conferences.
- Participating as a committee member for thesis research.
- Developing and document research to include tools, documentation, research summaries, and presentations.
- Developing decision support software tools and dashboards for research.
- Developing software to implement mathematical models to be transferred from graduate research proof-of-principle implementations to production implementations useable by Air Force operational customers.
- Providing technical writing assistance for research document preparation and submission.
- Assisting with program management of research program.
- Support the completion of technical reports, research summaries to include (annual reports and ad-hoc requests of faculty to report research conducted for specific sponsors).
- Develop and provide outreach material related to the organizationally funded research.
Journeyman: A Bachelor’s degree with 5 or more years of experience Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical disciplines (or an Associate’s Degree with 7 or more years of experience or a High School Diploma with 9 or more years of experience).
Senior (multiple positions): A Bachelor’s degree with 10 or more years of experience Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical disciplines (or a Master’s Degree with 8 or more years of experience or an Associate’s Degree with 12 or more years of experience or a High School Diploma with 14 or more years of experience).
Required Skills: CIP domain expertise as evidenced through peer-reviewed publications. Proficient with qualitative and quantitative research methodologies as evidenced through peer-reviewed publications. Extensive experience in development processes including requirements definition, prototyping, proof-of-concept, design, implementation, testing, and support. Ability to communicate clearly and expertly (in English) in both verbal and written forms concerning administrative, and technical subject matters.
Desired Skills: Prior experience working at AFIT.
Certifications: DOD 8570.1-m certifications for performance of duties as required.
Required Clearance: Secret or Top Secret/SCI (dependent on position)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 7, 2016, 3:23:06 PM
Primary Location: United States-OH-WRIGHT-PATTERSON AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: