Full Time Employee
AFIT Technical Support/Media Relations Specialist (Job Number:417221)
The Media Relations Specialist (MRS) provides general multimedia, marketing, and outreach support to AFIT faculty and staff as well as prospective students. Responsibilities may include:
- Performing general multimedia duties/tasks in a university setting.
- Interfacing with faculty, staff, sponsors and hosts in development of courseware
- Convert traditional learning into technology enhanced DL courseware.
- Developing blended eLearning including animation, graphics, illustrations, and audio integration
- Performing multi-media videographer, editing multi-media events to ensure high quality professional products and will assisting with troubleshooting technical difficulties
- Provide technical support including operating interactive television (satellite) systems, operating studio equipment, keeping studio equipment (to include cameras, microphones, computers, projectors, laptops, and other Distance Learning (DL) related hardware and software) operational, reconfiguring existing equipment to adapt to evolving needs, and evaluating and procuring new technologies to enhance the school’s DL and e-Learning capabilities.
- Authoring or co-authoring news articles and multimedia events to promote education and research activities
- Working with faculty, staff researchers, and students to solicit information for news articles and outreach opportunities; working with Public Affairs to ensure public release approval of news stories/releases.
- Working with local news media sources to promote mission capabilities.
- Developing, implementing, maintaining, and updating strategic marketing plans.
- Developing and maintaining web presence via AFIT website or other social media platforms and ensuring presence is in accordance with approved Air Force guidance and policy.
Journeyman (multiple positions): A Bachelor’s degree with 5 or more years of experience in Telecommunications, Marketing, or related disciplines (or an Associate’s Degree with 7 or more years of experience or a High School Diploma with 9 or more years of experience).
Senior: A Bachelor’s degree with 10 or more years of experience in Telecommunications, Marketing, or related disciplines (or an Associate’s Degree with 12 or more years of experience or a High School Diploma with 14 or more years of experience).
Required Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional Office Suite Software applications. Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, MS Publisher, or equivalent software. Ability to communicate clearly and expertly (in English) in both verbal and written forms concerning administrative, and technical subject matters.
Desired Skills: Prior experience working at AFIT.
Required Clearance: Secret
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 8, 2016, 8:52:42 AM
Primary Location: United States-OH-WRIGHT-PATTERSON AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: