Full Time Employee Contractor
The Joint Battle Command-Platform (JBC-P) Field Service Technician. The Entry level candidate will support the Warfighter worldwide for garrison, exercise, combat operations and contingencies. The Field Service Technician shall support pre-deployment exercises with field software engineering, over the shoulder training, user training, providing on-site diagnostic and corrective actions, and capturing and reporting requirements.
Must be capable of performing analyses of system operations. Must have knowledge of and experience in the operations of hardware systems and components. Must have experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of hardware systems and individual components. Must be capable of routine system maintenance and analysis functions including: hardware configurations; adding, removing and replacing hardware components; use of hardware and software diagnostic testing tools; reading of electronic circuit schematics; and repairing printed circuit boards. Military experience is desirable.
• Subject Matter Expert on all FBCB2 (EPLRS & BFT). Provides Commanders and Staff recommendations on how to best leverage FBCB2 systems to meet their operational needs
• Attends BUB/CUB and provide advice on FBCB2/BFT employment to enhance the mission during mission planning, briefings, execution andAAR’s. FSRs should be present for day/night TOC soldier shift change. There is critical information passed at these shift changes.
• Attend C6/G6/S6 Shift change briefing, and participate C6/G6/S6 conference calls to identify issues with FBCB2/BFT system outlying sites.
• Develop / Integrate training programs (Initial, familiarization, sustainment and advanced) in conjunction with the DMT to ensure Commanders, Staff and soldier are proficient with the system.
• Provide Commanders and Staff with recommendations on SOP development.
• Will be embedded with the unit (when deployed you will live and move with the Unit)
• Provides assistance to the S6/G6/C6 and S-3/G-3
• Mentoring and advanced technical training for 25Us, 74B and 94B on capabilities, fault isolation and repair procedures
• Assists S6/G6 on developing Maintenance programs and SOPs. for PMCS programs (daily, monthly, semiannually, annually)
• Assist S6/S4/SSA on replacement LRUs and or entire platform replacement procedures.
• Works in concert with SSA and CECOM LARS to ensure faulty LRUs are processed and replaced thru the standard army supply system.
• Assists S6/G6 on Role management procedures
• Provide technical assistance and mentoring of 25Us for de-install and install of system from like platform to like platform. Discourages and does not participate in installing platforms without approved installation safety releases i.e. can’t put HMMWV Common into M1113 HMMWV.
• Assists the S4/G4/PBO during Fielding of new equipment.
• Ensures all FBCB2 (EPLRS & BFT) equipment is operational and properly accounted for
• Provides technical assistance to the ELM shop
• Assistance on developing SOPs for maintaining and tracking replacement parts, cables and equipment turned in for repair.
• Provides advanced technical training to ensure fault verification
• Understands General Order # 1 when assigned to overseas area
• FSR gets a POC Roster from unit prior to deployment
• Maintains documentation supporting every FBCB2 by role and bumper number in assigned units.
• Knows status of all FBCB2 systems and works with unit thru S-4 / G-4 to ensure parts are validated on order to rectify deficiencies.
• Provide training/troubleshoot of UPPER TI platforms (AIC/IV4TIMS) and be able to explain role functionality/effect on FBCB2 network
• Provide input on CSMA Server placement.
• Maintain Master hard drive, when new software is fielded, check hard drive to ensure all maps are loaded that your unit require, before mass hard drive burn.
• Ensure all hard drive are properly labeled before issuing
• Ensure that all MT 2011’s are properly reported when install and gain access to the BFT network.
• FSS SK3 keys are sent ENCRYPTED to the BGN
• Be a pro-active, energetic, assertive individual that can work well as part of a team.
• Individual must also be a self-starter with the ability to function autonomously, in sometimes austere locations, with little or no direct supervision.
• Must a US Citizen, possess a SECRET security clearance, be worldwide deployable, have a valid US Drivers License and be able to obtain a valid passport within 30 days of employment.
• Must be able to clearly and accurately communicate (both verbally and in writing) complex thoughts and ideas.
• Must be proficient in use of the Microsoft Office suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer) used for administrative reporting, training product generation and daily correspondence.
• Must be comfortable interacting with and mentoring to all military ranks from the newest soldier to the experienced leader and have the ability to instruct one-on-one or in large/small group classroom environment.
• Candidates must possess a thorough knowledge of the JBC-P and BFT systems as well as other ABCS Systems to include: EPLRS, SINCGARS, ASIP, JCR, etc.
• Must have experience in system troubleshooting, fault analysis of the applicable systems
• ABCS Family of Systems Familiarity
• Tactical Internet and Mission Command System Experience
To apply for this job, contact: