Full Time Employee Contractor
Fort Sam Houston
DCGS-A Fixed Field Service Analyst will perform duties as a Field Service Analyst (FSA) for initializing, placing into operation, and troubleshooting the hardware and software interfaces of this system. This position will support the U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM) Life Cycle Management Command (LCMC) Software Engineering Center (SEC) Field Support Directorate (FSD) to perform resident engineering and technical support to the Warfighter. In addition, this position will align with the local Army Field Support Battalions to provide support for exercises, combat operations, and contingency operations.
• Participate in the development or modification of DCGS-A security program plans and requirements.
• Collect and maintain information needed to meet system IA reporting requirements.
• Recommend resource allocations required to securely operate and maintain system IA requirements.
• Assist government personnel in identifying security programs implications of new technologies or technology upgrades, in creating and analyzing IA policies and in developing system security configuration guidelines for DCGS-A.
• Ensure testing of 1/3 of “local” IA controls annually and ensure compliance/non-compliance results are documented in SSAA/SSP and POA&M.
• Review the selected security safeguards to determine if security concerns identified in the DCGS-A system POA&M and SSP have been fully addressed.
• Report security violations and incidents through your site and region government IAM/IASO to the servicing RCERT in accordance with Section VIII, Incident and Intrusion Reporting
• Assists the government in the preparation of DIACAP paperwork for SIPRnet and Collation accreditations.
• Assist the government in the preparation of Short Form SSAAs for JWICS accreditations.
• Assist the government in Information Assurance awareness training and education.
• Educate task order personnel on required Information Assurance process to maintain system accreditation.
• Maintain knowledge of current and emerging Federal, Department of Defense (DoD), and Army requirements, policies, regulations, and trends.
• Maintain knowledge of information vulnerabilities and trends.
• Collaborate effectively with the customer, CECOM SEC and other project team members.
• Understand and apply sound Information Assurance principles and methodology to all work.
• Manages Virtual Machine snapshots to reduce overall impact to the system storage environment.
• Document all configurations, changes, and proposed changes. • •
• Ensure the control, integrity and accessibility of the VMware environment for the enterprise through compliance
• and usage of industry best practices and methods.
• Ensure utilization of proper change management procedures regarding the installation and testing of all upgrades
• and enhancements for VMware infrastructure.
• Ensure proper initial installation as well as subsequent installations of updates/patches.
• Perform regular checks of system components for errors and application of necessary corrective action.
• Provide technical support to internal and external users. To include tenant POR system administrators.
• Troubleshoot problems and take corrective action on a timely and effective basis.
• Fusion Brain Data Base Administrator
Feed Pipe Segment
• Feedpipe development
• Gather ingestion requirements for new data sources and develop new Feedpipe code to harvest new data.
• Perform quality control measures to ensure data consistency and reliability.
• Performs JAVA/XML programming to ingest XML, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, PDF, and other data types based upon direct database connections.
• Modify and improve ingestion process and develop improvements to incorporate into future software releases.
• Data management
• Perform various data management techniques to verify all data sources are processing data. Identify static and dynamic sources.
• Work with other team members and system engineers to replicate data to various replication sites.
• Web development
System Administrator Segment
• Configure LDAP and maintain DCGS-A accounts and resolves any DCGS-A account related issues.
• Install Microsoft Windows server software, patching, upgrading and maintenance.
• Install, upgrade and perform maintenance of server hardware components as per requirements.
• Responsible for backup and disaster recovery of Linux and Windows operating systems.
• Install, maintain and configure DNS Servers and maintain host configuration.
• Perform daily checks on DCGS-A applications and tools and resolve any errors to ensure availability
• 3+ years experience managing VMware virtual environments in an enterprise datacenter environment. Advanced experience with vSphere 4.x environments Required.
• 5+ years experience working with enterprise hardware server platforms. Experience with IBM Blade servers highly preferred
• Experience managing vCenter server datacenters and inventory objects required.
• 3+ years Experience as mid-level Server operating system environment administrator required.
• Linux, Windows Server, or Solaris operating systems.
• Advanced knowledge of VMware storage configuration required. Experience/knowledge with utilizing SAN based storage preferred.
• Experience planning and configuring resource management and high availability clusters required.
• Any other DCGS-A systems administration experience.
• Experience utilizing remote access capabilities such as putty, cygwin, etc….
• Experience utilizing vClient application to access enterprise assets.
• Experience operating in a DoD Intelligence environment or other national level agency preferred.
To apply for this job, contact: