Full Time Employee Contractor
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
As a Systems Administrator for an IBM Mainframe based system, you will perform daily duties of backups, maintenance on applications and OS, patching, tuning and troubleshooting. You will configure system based on requested changes. Follow CM process to effectively manage environment changes. You will be on-call, as required during the year, supporting mission critical systems. (on call rotation). You will also provide necessary instruction and documentation for change requests, installing operating systems, loading (installing) COTS products, and configuring operating systems and COTS products. The systems administrator shall possess knowledge of tracking and analyzing performance and resource utilization of the assigned systems, and shall have experience in recommending changes, upgrades, and enhancements based on the technical analysis. Certifications in operating systems and other COTS products are desired.
• Possess knowledge of tracking and analyzing performance and resource utilization of the assigned systems, and shall have experience in recommending changes, upgrades, and enhancements based on the technical analysis.
• Possess 8 years of relevant work experience - Systems Administration.
• Perform daily operational duties of backups, maintenance on applications and OS, patching, tuning, and troubleshooting.
• Required Experience: IBM Mainframe Z Operating System (zOS) and supporting applications running on IBM Mainframes
• Troubleshooting skills
• Flexible working hours - able to support occasional nights, weekends, and call-ins
• Ability to work varying shifts
• Able to quickly adapt to a constantly changing environment
IBM Data Facility System Managed Subsystem
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
IBM TS7700 Virtual Tape Library
Education Requirements:Preferred to have Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field or equivalent plus 8 years of work experience.
Keywords: IBM Mainframe, zOS, z Operating System, CICS, Z13, MVS JCL, IBM TS7700 Virtual Tape Librar
To apply for this job, contact: