Full Time Employee
Cloud Solutions Architect (Job Number:417727)
Our customer develops and implements complex architectures for innovative ground-system data processing and computing environments. Our environments enable a large user base to develop software and to archive and mine satellite and sensor data continuously and in near real time. Our research initiatives in cloud computing architectures, virtualization techniques, and data lifecycle management technologies integrated into computing environments will enable how next generation complex applications like software development, testbeds, systems modeling and analyses, data exploitation, data analytics, and Big Data are designed and implemented.
We are seeking a Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) with focus on developing cloud solutions based on the OpenStack platform as well as AWS. The position considers business, technical and operational aspects of our customers' and mission cloud strategy. The work spans networking, cloud infrastructure (IaaS), applications (SaaS), platforms (PaaS), storage, security, and integration/collaboration with many other cloud initiatives at Sandia. The position also provides opportunities to engage in small and large projects, working through analysis, design, and implementation with project teams to deliver viable cloud solutions to other organizations within our environment.
- Bachlelor's degree or equivalent experience (4 years) and 14+ years of Information Technology experience.
- 3+ years of experience delivering Cloud technologies such as infrastructure (IaaS), applications (SaaS), platforms (PaaS)
- 3+ years of experience as a Senior Linux System Administrator
- Demonstrated success gathering Customer requirements and creating appropriate solutions
- Systems engineering experience
- Willingness to apply for an SCI clearance.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with Cloud and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies or AWS Certifications (or OS100/OS200 Mirantis certification)
- Solid software development experience using agile methodologies (e.g., SCRUM).
- Hands-on experience with Open Source frameworks (e.g., OpenStack) as well as Big Data
- Experience with MySQL in HA deployments
- Remote Configuration using Puppet
- Demonstrated low latency data transport design.
- DOE L or equivalent
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 28, 2016, 7:04:49 PM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE L
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: