Full Time Employee
Spectrum Management Program Lead, Naval Aviation Warfighting Development Center (NAWDC) (Job Number:417853)
JOB DESCRIPTION: *T&S*
The Training and Simulation Service Line, in support of the Navy and Marine Corps Customer Group, currently has a career opportunity for a Spectrum Management Program Lead at Naval Aviation Warfighting Development Center (NAWDC), formerly the Naval Strike and Air Warfare Center (NSAWC), in Fallon, NV.
The individual in this position will provide program analysis support and serve as the spectrum management functional area lead for the NAWDC Technical Director. Functional area leads are specific program supervisors and, as middle-level to upper level supervisors, they have the primary on-site responsibility for successful accomplishment of the training requirement. They are the Contractor equivalent of the Government’s Technical Assistant (TA). Functional area leads are responsible for ensuring contractor personnel have a clear understanding of the tasks, resources, capabilities, schedules, metrics, and desired end-state. While they do not necessarily have to be subject matter experts in all of the areas of their assigned tasks, they are expected to fill a supporting role, rather than exclusively managing the Contractor work force. They are responsible for maintaining accurate records of resources required to complete tasks, and the daily status of their contractor workforce.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced technical or program lead with radio frequency (RF) spectrum management subject matter expertise. He/she will be familiar with the Air Wing Fallon (AWF) Carrier Air Wing (CVW) training processes, Fallon Range Training Complex (FRTC), and NAWDC RF equipment, and have experience in RF spectrum deconfliction. In addition, he/she will have excellent public speaking, presentation, and time management skills, as well as at least four (4) years of applicable functional area lead/manager experience in:
- Tactical/operational planning, synthetic and live training event execution, lessons learned, and after action reporting.
- Conducting fleet training analysis/assessment to identify gaps, training needs and solutions.
- Developing exercise/event timelines with required deliverables.
- Engaging Senior Staff at the Flag Officer/Director/Manager level.
- Adapting to a fast-paced, team-based environment and managing team performance.
- Managing/prioritizing large, complex projects/deliverables involving numerous stakeholders.
- U.S. Navy training operations, policy, doctrine, systems, and staff procedures.
- Handling multiple tasks and interruptions with minimal impact on productivity/deliverables.
Specific Functional Area duties include the following:
- Provide support updating the Fallon Range electronic attack authorization annually and more frequently as conditions require; maintain continuous communication with NAWDC airborne electronic attack (EA) subject matter experts (SME); and seek methods to increase the EA authorizations for the FRTC.
- Maintain current JF-12 authorizations on all Fallon Range and NSAWC RF equipment; ensure all RF equipment requiring a JF-12 have one, regardless of whether a frequency assignment is gained through this process or through the EA authorization process.
- Request UHF MILSATCOM services in support of training and tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP) development events on the Fallon Range.
- Ensure external government organizations bringing RF equipment on the Fallon Range have appropriate authorization and are de-conflicted with local spectrum users.
- Maintain communication and coordinate with local civil spectrum users to ensure spectrum conflicts are resolved at the local level so far as possible. Maintain records of local spectrum uses.
- Obtain and maintain National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) 7.11 authority for the Fallon Range.
- Submit accurate and timely requests for Global Positioning System (GPS) testing. Coordinate with all stakeholders throughout the approval process, issue Notices to Airmen and other pre-exercise alerts, maintain and submit DD-1494 requests for authorization, and stand watch on the hotline with air route traffic control centers (ARTCC) during testing to execute instructions and maintain safe operations.
- Support NAWDC in the development of and recommendations for national spectrum policy matters.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / SKILLS:
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Eight (8) years of general technical and technical/program lead experience (ten years in lieu of degree will be considered).
- Four (4) years of applicable technical/program lead and Functional Area experience (see detailed tasks above).
- Three years’ experience as a DoD-qualified and trained spectrum manager.
- Must possess proven time management and written and verbal communication skills at the mid to senior management level, be able to act independent, and effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Experience in use of MS Office (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, and Word) products.
- Bachelor of Science or Arts degree.
- Familiarity with spectrum approval processes.
- Familiarity with Fallon Range threat system capabilities, spectrum requirements for carrier air wing training, civil RF use around NAS Fallon, and aircraft and ground electronic warfare systems.
- Familiarity with the Fleet Readiness Training Plan (FRTP), Optimized Fleet Response Plan (OFRP), Fleet Training Continuum (FTC), and Fleet Training policy documents.
- **Current DoD Secret clearance REQUIRED. ***
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 8, 2016, 3:51:20 PM
Primary Location: United States-NV-FALLON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: