Full Time Employee
Cognitive Performance Coach - Ft. Huachuca, AZ (Job Number:417872)
JOB DESCRIPTION: *T&S*
Currently, there are openings for Cognitive Performance Coaches (CPC) to support the Cognitive Enhancement Performance Program (CEPP) at multiple locations. CPCs teach performance enhancement techniques to Service Members and Civilians. Teaching is conducted in group and individual settings, and includes general education in human performance along with personalized training on how to acquire and apply specific mental skills and techniques that cultivate the mental and emotional strength necessary to thrive in an era of overwhelming demands and persistent conflict. Using these principles, CPCs help Service Members to become high performing “tactical athletes” and help foster high performing “unit teams” in preparation for, during, and following combat operations. Specifically, CPCs teach performance psychology to further promote excellence and efficiency during physical, technical, and tactical training, as well as during the challenges of combat operations.
Tasks, responsibilities, and additional duties include:
- Attend training exercises and field operations as requested by individual units to serve as a performance enhancement consultant and to coach Service Members and Leaders on the acquisition of performance psychology techniques and their application to individual military tasks and unit operations.
- Provide tailored educational programs and workshops to help Civilians living and working in demanding environments achieve success and accomplish personal, professional, and family goals.
- Recommend improvements to all aspects of CEPP operations.
- Perform routine CEPP operational duties.
- Conduct assessment, assist in program evaluation, and support research projects being conducted locally.
- Assist or provide CEPP program overview briefings to VIPs and high-ranking leaders when required.
- Develop and maintain professional development relating to all aspects of performance enhancement, academic proficiency, and military- related knowledge.
- Perform additional duties as required.
Masters or Doctoral degree from an accredited college or university in the field of Psychology, Counseling, or Kinesiology with a specialized emphasis in sport and/or performance psychology.
- A CPC must have experience working with adult clients developing performance enhancement skills, education and training for use in a physical or motor performance arena.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Experience teaching large, small, and individual audiences; ability to work well within a team environment.
1-6 years’ experience with Performance Enhancement Skills Training
Experience with human performance, Collective Training , Training Development and Training and Education
Desired skills include: Familiarity with biofeedback techniques, military environment, and resilience training.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 30, 2016, 3:09:55 PM
Primary Location: United States-AZ-FORT HUACHUCA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: