Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Sr Electrical Engineer - FPGA & ASIC Solutions - Government Systems
Become part of the growing Government Systems Engineering FPGA & ASIC Design Solutions team. As an engineer in this organization, you will be a member of an experienced, dynamic design group employing best practice design methodologies supporting our next generation of Communication Products, in addition to numerous products corporate-wide.
This position is for an experienced, motivated Senior Electrical or Computer Engineering candidate to be involved in the testbench design, implementation, and verification of a wide variety of high-performance digital ASICs and FPGAs applied to signal processing, image processing, and information assurance applications. This position is located in Cedar Rapids, IA. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
Primary assignments and Key Responsibilities will include:
• Verification environment architecture and design using SystemVerilog with OVM/UVM
• Creation of written testcases, code coverage tracking, and functional coverage tracking
• Testbench development for the verification of RTL blocks using VHDL or SystemVerilog
• Recommend new tools and practices for continuous improvement in the group's ASIC / FPGA verification flow
This position requires the following:
• Ability to obtain a Security Clearance. US Citizenship is required.
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
• RTL coding and simulation in VHDL or Verilog OR Testbench development for the verification of RTL blocks using VHDL or System Verilog.
• Digital circuit architecture, design, resource tradeoffs, timing analysis and timing closure
• Proficiency using ASIC and/or FPGA simulation and synthesis tools (e.g. Modelsim, Synplicity, FPGA-specific tools)
• Familiarity with revision control concepts and tools (e.g. Clearcase, Subversion)
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, part of a team of engineers with a variety of skills and backgrounds, matrixed into projects with aggressive schedules and frequent milestones
• Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to document and present one's work and status
Desired skills of a successful candidate:
• Familiarity with best practice chip-level verification techniques and languages (e.g. constrained random, functional coverage, SystemVerilog)
• ASIC / FPGA lab validation with advanced lab equipment
• Design for Test (DFT) and manufacturability issues
• Experience with Unix, scripting, C/C , and/or Perl
• Video / Image processing algorithm development
We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches 50% of your contributions up to 8%; an Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance, as well as tuition reimbursement.
Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Job:** **Electrical / Hardware*
**Organization:** **Communications Engineering*
**Title:** *Sr FPGA Verification Engineer*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *ASI00000077*
To apply for this job, contact: