Full Time Employee
IT Service Desk Specialist (Job Number:418117)
SAIC is looking to hire a Technical Help Desk Specialist to support a government client in Broomfield, CO.
SAIC has teamed with the GSA to design, develop and support the evolution of IT Service Delivery for the GSA Enterprise. GSA IT requires an Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)-based solution that has an integrated, enterprise-wide focus to deliver shared IT services in accordance with GSA IT’s governance structure and portfolio-based framework.
- Provides technical support for local and remote users, resolving technical problems and answering queries through various channels such as telephone, chat, email, and tickets submitted online.
- Follows all company and department documented procedures and protocols.
- Diagnoses, identifies isolates, analyzes, and resolves problems with hardware, software, network, and system/applications utilizing technical skills, historical database records, and knowledgebase documentation.
- Supporting commercial (COTS) software, customer specific applications, internet browsers, desktops, laptops, mobile devices and more.
- May route tickets to product line, application, or system support specialists, requiring clearly documented description of situation and any troubleshooting already performed.
- Maintains and updates records in Incident Management system.
- Alerts management to recurring problems and patterns of problems.
- May represent service desk in project meetings and may participate in coaching or quality assurance activities.
- Shift work position in a 24x7x365 environment requiring flexibility in work hours.
- US Citizen with the ability to get a Public Trust clearance. Higher clearances accepted.
- 1-3 years of technical support experience in a call center environment
- Be able to work shift-work in 24x7x365 environment
- Proven hardware/software troubleshooting experience
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office, Windows OS, and Mac OS X
- Experience providing effective and professional communication, addressing moderately complex technical issues via telephone, email, and chat
- Interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communications, including the ability to collaborate effectively and coach others
- Understanding of IT concepts/practices and experience with common service desk software.
- Proven ability to think and troubleshoot logically and act decisively in critical situations
- Experience with account administration and Identity Management tool
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Apr 8, 2016, 8:23:25 AM
Primary Location: United States-CO-BROOMFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
To apply for this job, contact: