Full Time Employee
Principal Cloud Architect ? Software Defined Data Center (Job Number:417856)
SAIC currently has an opportunity available for a Principal Cloud Architect with a minimum of 4 years of experience designing and operating tailored Data Center infrastructure architecture to support operating and maintaining large data centers for the Vanguard 2.2.1 program.
The Vanguard 2.2.1 program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security support for the Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program.
The IRM program enables the Department of State to successfully carry out its foreign policy mission by providing enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktop computers, servers, networks, firewalls, voice and data communications and other unique enterprise applications.
- Execute the duties and responsibilities as a senior member of the Enterprise Server Operations Center (ESOC) Design and Build Converged Engineering Team at the Department of State (DoS) Information Resources Management bureau.
- Provide senior level engineering design and architecture support to provide enterprise-level solutions using physical and virtual networking technologies, server hosting, and storage solutions.
- Support the implementation of Hosted Services that utilize VMware systems solutions to connect services within the Data Center LAN as well as remote Data Centers for high availability and redundancy.
- The senior engineer will have daily interactions with government clients related to meeting technical requirements for ESOC initiatives.
- Domain knowledge and technical decision-making will have a critical impact on overall project implementation and execution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates, designs, documents, installs, implements, tests, and performs problem isolation for Software Designed Data Center Infrastructure for converged technologies.
- Define processes to maintain all ESOC Infrastructure devices and functions across physical media, Operating Systems, File Systems, protocol stacks & network components.
- Plans; researches; evaluates and recommends new equipment and related technologies. Uses monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to troubleshoot and isolate problems; gauge performance and activity.
- Develop and execute contingency plans for infrastructure related software/hardware failures including isolated and major outages.
- Update system and process documentation, produce user guides, diagrams, and SOPs as needed. Including Visio Network design drawings.
- Work with infrastructure teams to satisfy day to day issues and requests. Participate in conference calls with client and assess their needs
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- Knowledge of Data Center Architecture?s and designs for large scale Data Centers
- Knowledge of Integrated Converged Stack infrastructure (i.e. VCE Vblock, FlexPod)
- Knowledge and experience with Large Scale Storage Area Network Systems (Design, Build, Operate)
- Knowledge and experience with VMware (Design, Build, Operate)
- Knowledge of IP Networking VPN?s, switching, and routing
- Knowledge of Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) concepts and principles
- Knowledge of Microsoft File Systems, Operating Systems and Applications
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft OS and Wintel systems
- Systems Engineering background with understanding of Cloud Computing Reference Architecture
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs).
- VMware: VCP 5+ Certified, working knowledge of SRM, VCOPS, SMVI, VCAC
- Networking: Design knowledge and experience with Cisco Network components (switches, routers), Certifications (i.e. CCNA-DC,CCNP,CISSP) CISCO training 7000/5000/1000
- Compute: Design knowledge of Cisco UCS technologies and HP blade technologies. Maintain server/blade hardware include failed component replacement.
- Storage: Design knowledge of EMC Storage Area Network arrays and associated storage systems. Working knowledge with Recover Point, Viper, VCE vision
- ITIL v3.0 Foundations certificate Comments: Prior experience working within the Department of State IRM bureau will be considered as a significant plus.
- Must currently possess a Secret clearance and have the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Candidates must be willing to: travel within the Washington DC Metro area to support various program initiatives; support a rotational on-call posture after normal working hours in response to technical support requests; and travel within and outside the continental United States, if required (not to exceed 10%).
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 25, 2016, 9:00:40 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: