Full Time Employee
U.S. Navy Integrated Shipboard Network System (ISNS) Electronics Technicians/SME (Job Number:418382)
SAIC is seeking two full-time positions with differing levels of experience (see REQUIRED EXPERIENCE below) to provide U.S. Navy Combat Systems engineering and technical on-site support and subject matter expertise to Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) in support of the U.S. Navy Integrated Shipboard Network System (ISNS) and associated subsystems on board U.S. Navy ships. The selected candidates will assess, inspect, and correct system faults in Integrated Shipboard Network System (ISNS) (AN/USQ-153V (Variants) and other C2I systems/equipment for which qualified. Work also includes identifying and correcting anomalies associated with installation, operation, maintenance, and connectivity problems, as well as providing onboard maintenance training as part of the Fleet Technical Assistance Process to ship’s force technicians in the operation, repair, maintenance, and logistics support for the systems.
Electronics Technician #1:
- GENERAL EXPERIENCE: A minimum of six (6) years full-time hands—on technician level experience within last 10 years in installation, testing, troubleshooting, fault isolation, and repair of Combat, ASW, USW, MIW, or C4I systems and equipment.
- SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 3 years hands-on experience (gained within the last 5 years) in troubleshooting, assessment and repair of one of the following systems: AN/USQ-153 ISNS A, B, C or D (V)X.
Electronics Technician #2:
- GENERAL EXPERIENCE: A minimum of four (4) years full-time hands—on technician level experience within last 10 years in installation, testing, troubleshooting, fault isolation, and repair of Combat, ASW, USW, MIW, or C4I systems and equipment.
- SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 2 years hands-on experience (gained within the last 5 years) in troubleshooting, assessment and repair of one of the following systems: AN/USQ-153 ISNS A, B, C or D(V)X.
OTHER DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated specific experience gained in the troubleshooting, repair and assessment on the following systems/equipment. The more experience gained on these systems may give preference for selection. Experience may be concurrent:
- Fiber Attached Storage (FAS)
- Windows Server Update Service (WSUS)
- AN/UYQ-96 Computer Network Defense/Operating System Environment (CND/OSE)
- Host Based Security System (HBSS)
- Naval Tactical Command Support System (NTCSS)
- Combined Enterprise Regional Exchange Information System (CENTRIX)
- Documented attainment of special electronic repair skills / certifications such as basic soldering, wire-wrap, connectorization, fiber optics etc.
- Ability to work as part of a government/contractor team.
Travel: Up to 25%, including international travel. Unexpired U.S. Passport required.
- NOTE: Travel also includes work on ships in port, anchored and while at sea, including helicopter/aircraft flights, and high line transfers from boat to ship and ship to shop.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: May 12, 2016, 12:38:48 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-NORFOLK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-MD-ABERDEEN PROVING GROUND
To apply for this job, contact: