Full Time Employee
Data Scientist/Statistician Principal (Job Number:418350)
SAIC has a career opening for a Data Scientist in Washington DC.
- Full proficiency in conducting analysis and prototyping and developing data mining solutions using analytic software packages, database, visualization, and programming environments (e.g. R, Matlab, SAS, Hadoop / Map-Reduce, Storm, Solr, Mahout; Scripting (Pig, Python, Perl, etc), C/C++, Java etc.) in Big data paradigms.
- Strong mathematics, statistics, data mining, and modeling skills.
- Proficiency in key statistical techniques (predictive modeling, logistic regression, decision trees, data mining methods, forecasting, neural networks and other advanced statistical and econometric techniques).
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on a team.
- Ability to communicate deep analytical results in forms that resonate with scientific and/or business collaborators, highlighting actionable insights.
- Must have experience with DoD and/or IC organizations.
**Must be a US Citizen** **Must currently hold a TS/SCI with Poly**
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Statistics or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) from an accredited college or university.
- Programing, app development, back end system access, mathematics, data manipulation, or statistics.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with massive data sets (Big Data), with experience building analytic products. Includes statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing / transformation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, particularly with multidisciplinary staff from different organizations/functions.
- Entrepreneurial inclination to discover novel opportunities for applying analytical techniques to customer’s problems.
- Experience with processing large amounts of data in a cloud environment.
- Extensive domain knowledge of current commercial capabilities and research and development activities in the data science community.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Statistics or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) from an accredited college or university. 7 years’ experience.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 20, 2016, 12:55:17 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI CI Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI CI Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: