External Communications On-site Support SME OSS (Job Number:418750)
SAIC is seeking five (6) full-time positions with differing levels of expertise and experience to provide U.S. Navy C4I/Combat Systems engineering and technical on-site support and subject matter expertise to Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) in support of the U.S. Navy External Communications (EXCOM) Systems and associated subsystems on board U.S. Navy ships. Candidates will be selected from one of the five (5) technician categories below:
- Communications antennas (3 Positions).
- HF Systems (1 Position).
- LINK (1 position).
- VHF/HF Systems (1 position)
- Part-Time/On Demand Trainers
Selected technicians will:
- Perform troubleshooting, repair and assessment of Navy communication (COMM) systems.
- Train ship?s force technicians in the operation, repair, maintenance, and logistics support of systems (Listed in each category below).
- Act as lead instructor of a regularly scheduled Antenna Maintenance Class offered by MARMC.
: Selected applicants must document the following experience for each of the positions listed below:
1. Communications Antennas: (3 Full Time Position): Demonstrate a minimum of six (6) years specific experience gained in troubleshooting, repair, and assessment of:
a. HF antenna systems including, but not limited to:
i. Lightweight Broadband HF Communications Antenna Series (LWCA)
ii. HF aluminum and fiberglass whip antennas and antenna systems
b. UHF LOS antennas including, but not limited to AS-390, AS-1735, AS-4163
c. VHF antennas including, but not limited to AS-2809, AS-3226, AS-4366
2. HF (1 Full Time Position): Demonstrate a minimum of six (6) years specific experience gained in troubleshooting, repair, and assessment of AN/URC-131 and a minimum of six (6) years specific experience gained in troubleshooting, repair, and assessment of AN/USQ-155 (experience may be concurrent).
3. LINK (1 Full Time Position): Demonstrate a minimum of four (4) years specific experience gained in troubleshooting, repair, and assessment of at least one of the following:
4. VHF/HF (1 Full Time Position): Demonstrate a minimum of four (4) years specific experience gained in troubleshooting, repair, and assessment of at least one of the following:
5. PART TIME/AS NEEDED TRAINING SUPPORT: Demonstrate at least one of the following:
a. A minimum of ten (10) years experience as instructor of a training course offered to US Navy sailors. Resumes shall demonstrate in-depth knowledge of HF/VHF/UHF LOS Communications Antenna Systems (Comm Antennas) including a minimum of ten (10) years total experience in troubleshooting, repair, and assessment of Comm Antennas (experience may be concurrent).
b. A minimum of four (4) years total experience in troubleshooting, repair, and assessment of radomes and other fiberglass materials found onboard US Navy ships
Ability to work independently with little oversight or assistance.
CLEARANCE: Active DOD SECRET
Travel: Up to 25%, including international travel. Unexpired U.S. Passport required.
SAFETY: First Aid/CPR Certificate from Red Cross or other nationally recognized certification.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Feb 22, 2018, 4:20:10 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job