Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for Electrical Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Relocation to Cedar Rapids is required.
Looking for a new challenge? The engineer that is elected for this position will support multiple RF products produced in multiple Rockwell Collins factories/service centers. Typical work load is 3 -5 projects that are 3 - 9 months in duration.
The Test Engineering and Services Center of Excellence is seeking to fill an Electrical Engineering position with a talented individual who possesses a BSEE or BSCmptrE degree. The primary responsibility for this position is to develop and sustain manufacturing and service test equipment in our RF External Markets Team. The engineer who fills this position must have strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills for both hardware and software. This position will heavily utilize software development and debug skills on multi-rack test stations. These test stations include but are not limited by the following COTs equipment: network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, DMM's, logic analyzers, fiber optic measuring devices, optical measuring devices, power supplies and electronic loads. This position also requires development and support of ESS and vibration test equipment and software suites.
Other responsibilities and job requirements include but are not limited to the following:
• Coordinating test equipment design reviews and ensuring the generation of appropriate design documentation
• Identifying, categorizing, and averting project risks (risk management)
• Design and implement activities required to deploy the project test solutions to world-wide destinations
• Review product designs and create test solutions that maximize test coverage in the manufacturing and service environments
• Prepare and present project / technical information to peers, internal management and customers
• Highly motivated and possess effective oral/written communication and interpersonal/team skills
• Coordinate several projects and complex engineering activities while balancing priorities and schedules
• This position will be located in Cedar Rapids, but the candidate may be required to travel on occasion
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
• Applicant must be capable of obtaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
• SW coding/integration experience
• Strong troubleshooting Skills
• Ability to reverse engineer existing equipment
• Software skills in LabWindows/CVI and LabView desired
• Software skills in C and .net are a plus
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
? Medical, dental, and vision insurance
? Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
? Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
? Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
? An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
? Tuition reimbursement
? And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Job:** **Electrical / Hardware*
**Organization:** **AMT/Test Eng & Svs*
**Title:** *Electrical Engineer*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *ELE000000BP*
To apply for this job, contact: