Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
**Qualifications:** Required Experience:
• Possess 2-4 years of strong technical and analytical skills, while providing accurate analysis of security-related problems.
• Possess a well rounded networking background and are responsible for performing extensive troubleshooting of customer issues in a fast-paced SOC.
• The individual should be customer focused and work to resolve user needs in a timely manner.
• Possess a background in networking or security to include intrusion detection/prevention.
• Possess excellent written, verbal communication, and organizational skills.
• Knowledge and experience with PCs, servers, LAN/WAN topologies, routers, and switches.
• Knowledge of security applications such as IDS, Security Information and Event Management, and anomaly detection tools.
• Knowledge of VPN technology and other point-to-point encryption solutions.
Knowledge of trouble ticketing systems.
• Understanding of the operation of test and analysis equipment such a protocol analyzers, LAN/WAN sniffers, etc.
• Ability to read and interpret network diagrams.
• Ability to read and understand packet captures.
• Possess a basic understanding of the OSI model.
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux and Windows operating system.
• Experience with processes in functional areas such as trouble management, fault management, and incident management.
• Understanding of network management concepts and software, including SNMP.
• Associate degree or better or equivalent experience. Special consideration given to relevant industry certifications.
**Job #:** 16475BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Full Time
**Job Description:** At Rockwell Collins - Information Management Services (IMS), it's our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins IMS as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins - IMS and help shape our future while creating yours.
The Technology Services and Operations (TS&O) Team is seeking a Cyber Security Analyst in our Annapolis, MD location. The Cyber Security Analyst will:
• Manage and monitor events from both internal security devices and authentication services associated with the organization's security controls.
• Resolve hardware/software failures, investigate, and respond to security threats.
• Make change requests to the security policy of company devices.
• Provide real-time monitoring, support, and response on a 24x7x365 basis. This involves handling events such as identifying security issues, ensuring availability events are not security related, and assisting operations with troubleshooting. The events may include hardware/software failures, security breaches, threats, or network connectivity issues.
• Provide high-level proactive technical support, including security configurations, security policy modification recommendation, and diagnostics of remote network security issues.
• Answer inbound security-related calls and provide customers with the best possible customer service and experience, create tickets, fill out necessary checklist paperwork, generate trouble tickets for all work and information requests, handle security-related user complaints, and escalate according to established procedures.
• Ensure that the company is implementing best practice security policies that address business needs while protecting vital corporate and customer assets.
• Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables where only limited standardization exists; interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule formats; and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins IMS, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, and educational assistance. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
**Amount of Travel Required:** 0%-25%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: