Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Tier 1 Service Desk Technician- All Shifts (Job Number:419141)
- The Department of State, Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) currently provides its users with mobile and remote access services to include BlackBerry, Apple iOS and Citrix Remote Desktop technologies.
- In support of these services, there is a need for Tier 1 Technical Support personnel that will provide in-person, phone and email technical support to end-users.
Description of Duties:
- Provide in-person, phone and email support to end-users promptly and professionally.
- Ensure all requests for services and incidents are logged/updated, addressed/resolved and followed up on if necessary.
- Ensure all critical or VIP requests or tickets are attended to or resolved promptly and efficiently, documentation on the troubleshooting and resolution efforts are complete, issues are analyzed and followed up with the customers if necessary, and tickets escalated to the Tier 2 Technical Support are well documented and followed up on.
- Ensure Tier 1 Lead is made aware of potential system problems or customer issues so as not to surprise lead and/or management personnel.
- Make every effort to resolve reported problems prior to escalation, ensuring that all steps are taken and documented before escalating unresolved tickets to the Tier 2 staff.
- Adhere to and follow standard operating procedures (SOP) used to support the Operation Center activities
- The Tier 1 Technical Support may perform the required functions located at the: Tier 1 IT MART (Harry S. Truman Building, Washington DC): enter service requests into Remedy; perform in-person device actions with users; perform in-person troubleshooting with users; perform in-person provisioning with users; tutor users on mobile devices; perform customer liaison activities; enter data into the inventory tracking system; add account information into Active Directory; add new accounts in the correct Citrix Access Gateway (CAG) membership; verify account status; verify status of selected wireless plan, close service requests in Remedy, and escalate service requests, if necessary, to Tier 2.
- This function is NOT performed on a per shift basis.
- Tier 1 SA-9: receive new service enrollments and/or service account requests (e.g., XenMobile, BlackBerry, GO) and enter them into Remedy; monitor and track incidents in Remedy ticketing system and Queue Monitor Tool; monitor, track, and process MCMS requests for remote access services; add account information into Active Directory; add new accounts in the correct CAG membership; verify service account status; verify status of selected wireless plan; provide basic troubleshooting assistance to users; close service requests in Remedy; perform BlackBerry activations and re- activations; process new or modify existing remote access enrollments; perform RSA Pin resets and/or RSA soft token pushes; troubleshoot BlackBerry access issues; troubleshoot remote access Citrix Client issues; provide instructions to end users on how-to configure workstations for remote access use and escalate service requests and/or incidents, if necessary, to Tier 2.
- This function is performed on a per shift basis.
- High School Diploma + 3 years
- Associate +1 Year of Experience or Bachelor’s degree in lieu of experience.
- Strong customer service skills and experience.
- Self-motivated problem solver possessing effective troubleshooting skills as it relates to IT issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience working directly with customers including VIPs.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and quick turnaround deliverables.
- Ability to focus on ticket and monitoring systems for sustained periods.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows system administration tasks including: Windows Server 2008, Active Directory, iOS or Android platforms, iPhones, iPads, BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0, BlackBerry 10, RSA, Citrix, and SCOM monitoring tool.
- Basic Knowledge of BMC Remedy or other IT Service Management system.
- Experience with mobile device solutions.
- Certification in relevant IT products/technologies.
- Experience providing mentoring, peer coaching, or training to teammates.
- Familiarity with the Department of State.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 7, 2016, 7:35:40 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: