Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
Sr Systems Engineer – Cybersecurity / Crypto Systems
Become part of the growing Government Systems Communication Products Organization! As a systems engineer in this organization, you will be involved in the design and development of our next generation of Communication Products covering all spectrum bands and multiple airborne and ground platforms.
This Sr Systems engineering position involves working on the embedded cryptographic capabilities of multiple communications products for the U.S military. The candidate will work with customers and certification authorities, such as NSA, as well multiple hardware and software engineering teams to contribute to the implementation, certification, and maintenance of embedded cryptographic products.
Candidates must have the following skills:
• Must possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
• Demonstrated experience to integrate system hardware and software components
Preferred technical experience/skills:
• Crypto system requirements capture and design formulation
• Integration of crypto system hardware and software components
• Verification and validation of crypto system functional and security requirements
• Development of software based tools to support crypto system development, integration, and verification
• Development of artifacts to support certification of crypto system and components
• Experience with Information Assurance and/or Cybersecurity industry standards of practice
• Lead or participate in proposals and bidding exercises utilizing the SEER parametric estimation tool for systems effort
• Experience as a technical or project lead to ensure that project execution is successful
Candidates must be able to work at a system level understanding the designs and interactions of the system hardware and software components. Candidates are also required to have excellent communications skills to communicate technical issues and status in both written and oral form to internal and external customers. The candidate must be adaptable to change, determined to accomplish tasks based on program schedule, collaborate with teammates in order to make the best decisions, enjoy learning new technologies, be self-motivated and contribute to a positive work environment.
Ideal candidates will have experience with software development using a high-level programming language (C , C#, Java, Perl, Ada, VHDL) as well as hardware-software integration in real-time embedded systems. Knowledge of secure systems, secure software development, or crypto applications is preferred but not required.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Communications Engineering*
**Title:** *Sr Systems Engineer - Cybersecurity / Crypto Systems*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *SYS000000RM*
To apply for this job, contact: