Full Time Employee
Instructor Tier II-International Program Support (Job Number:419082)
The Training and Simulation Service Line, in support of the Navy and Marine Corps Customer Group, currently has contingent career opportunities for Training Analyst Associate?s in support the Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) in Wallops Island, VA.
Training Analyst?s will support training international programs (IP) courses in support of initial, replacement and conversion training for existing and new courses instructed across the CSCS domain. They will support the CSCS integration and instruction of IMS at CSCS Learning Sites, Detachments, and other designated training locations. IP initiatives currently consist of the Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force (JMSDF), Spanish Navy (SN), Republic of Korea Navy (ROKN), Royal Navy of Norway (RNoN), Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN), the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) and the Egyptian Navy (EN) Foreign Military Sales.
We are looking for Training Analysts/Instructors that are subject matter experts (SME) with one or more of the following surface combat systems; Auxiliary Systems (AUX), Aegis AN/SPY-1 radar, Command, Control, Computers, Communication, and Intelligence (C4I), Anti-Submarine Warfare Systems (ASW), Ship Self Defense System (SSDS), Navigation systems, Aegis Computer Network Technician (ACNT), Close-In Weapon System (CIWS), Embedded Training System (ETS), Vertical Launch System (VLS), and the Surface Vessel Torpedo Tube (SVTT).
The Training Analyst and Instructor develops, directs, plans and evaluates these courses and related training activities to meet the particular learning objectives for each combat system. Must be current on all latest Fleet guidance depicting combat systems current doctrine, and tactics, techniques, procedures (TTP) as approved by the government for Foreign Military Sales (FMS). Assignments may include:
- Deliver completed training to allied military and/or civilian personnel of international countries in accordance with the Training Plan or other country specific schedules, as modified by the Director, International Programs.
- Deliver such training at CSCS Learning Sites, International ashore learning sites or shipyards. Training will also be delivered at International Aegis Fleet Concentration Areas (FCA) at the pier or onboard at sea.
- Custom course development, development of criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of course objectives, and evaluation and learning assessments.
- Create new course content, training materials, visual aids and documentation to support a variety of instructional formats such as lecture, lab exercises, field training, computer-based training (CBT), and/or web-based training (WBT).
- Develop exam materials and may be responsible for testing and qualitative evaluation of participant's attainment of learning objectives.
- Instruct in various CSCS courses in combat system(s) as qualified, and provide mobile team training support on the waterfront or onboard ships as directed by the customer.
- Provide unscheduled emergent corrective maintenance to continue execution of training being instructed at CSCS training facilities.
- Bachelors and three (3) years of more of related experience
- Masters and one year of related experience.
Three (3) years of experience with the Surface Combat Systems as either a maintenance technician or operator with responsibility for teaching the employment and maintenance of FMS procured systems to others.
- Of the three years, one (1) year experience as instructor in a Naval Training Environment, to include writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 8, 2016, 2:13:38 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-WALLOPS ISLAND
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: