Full Time Employee
Instructor Tier II (Job Number:419073)
The Training and Simulation Service Line, in support of the Navy and Marine Corps Customer Group, currently has contingent career opportunities for Training Analyst?s in support the Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) in Great Lakes, IL.
Training Analyst?s will support training courses in support of initial, replacement and conversion training for existing and new courses instructed across the CSCS domain in accordance with the prescribed training schedule in Corporate Enterprise Training Activity Resource System (CeTARS), Surface Force Exercise Manual (SFEM), Ballistic Missile Defense Qualification (BMDQ), Anti-Submarine Warfare Qualification (ASWQ) Program or the Waterfront Course Catalog. Training locations may also include shipyards and Fleet Surface Ships.
We are looking for Training Analysts/Instructors that are subject matter experts with one or more of the following surface combat systems; Auxiliary Systems (AUX), Aegis AN/SPY-1 radar, Command, Control, Computers, Communication, and Intelligence (C4I), Anti-Submarine Warfare Systems (ASW), Ship Self Defense System (SSDS), Navigation systems, Aegis Computer Network Technician (ACNT), Close-In Weapon System (CIWS), Embedded Training System (ETS), Vertical Launch System (VLS), and the Surface Vessel Torpedo Tube (SVTT).
The Training Analyst and Instructor develops, directs, plans and evaluates these courses and related training activities to meet the particular learning objectives for each combat system. Must be current on all latest Fleet guidance depicting combat systems current doctrine, and tactics, techniques, procedures (TTP). Assignments may include:
- Custom course development, development of criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of course objectives, and evaluation and learning assessments.
- Create new course content, training materials, visual aids and documentation to support a variety of instructional formats such as lecture, lab exercises, field training, computer-based training (CBT), and/or web-based training (WBT).
- Develop exam materials and may be responsible for testing and qualitative evaluation of participant's attainment of learning objectives.
- Instruct in various CSCS courses in combat system(s) as qualified, and provide mobile team training support on the waterfront or onboard ships as directed by the customer.
- Provide Operational Plan (OPLAN)/Concept of Operations Plan (CONPLAN) level team training in an environment utilizing complex warfare area scenarios targeting Navy Tactical Task (NTA)/Navy Mission Essential Task List (NMETL) critical weapons employment skills.
- Provide unscheduled emergent corrective maintenance to continue execution of training being instructed at CSCS training facilities.
- Provide training to current surface combat systems to include Air Defense Systems Integrator (ADSI) and Link Monitoring and Management Tools (LMMT).
- Liaison between CSCS and the IAMD, ASW, Anti-Surface Warfare (ASUW), and Mine Warfare (MIW) warfare leads, appropriate fleet activities, and the Naval Surface and Mine Warfighting Development Center (NSMWDC) in matters of tactics, doctrine development and instruction.
- Bachelors and three (3) years of more of related experience
- Masters and one year of related experience.
- Three (3) years of experience with the required system as either a maintenance technician supervisor or operator supervisor with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a journeyman level training environment.
- Of the three years, one (1) year of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 24, 2016, 12:49:43 PM
Primary Location: United States-IL-GREAT LAKES
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: