Full Time Employee
Engineer (Job Number:419332)
The Training and Simulation Service Line, in support of the Navy and Marine Corps Customer Group, currently has contingent career opportunities for Senior Engineer?s in support the Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) in Dahlgren, VA.
The CSCS mission is to prepare and qualify officers and sailors to correctly maintain, operate, and if necessary, fight with our surface ships while conducting sustained combat operations at sea.
LCS Mission Package systems for Mine Counter Measure, Surface, and Anti-Submarine Warfare mission areas will evolve over the next five to seven years as they transition through engineering development, Initial Operational Test and Evaluation (IOTE), and Fleet introduction. CSCS will support the development of Required Operational Capability/Projected Operational Environment (ROC/POE), Personal Qualification Standards and curriculum to include performance under this contract for subject matter expert support. The Engineer?s role is vital in this position. The Engineer will:
- Performs Systems Engineering activities related to CSCS Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis
- Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) .
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of the variety of factors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience
Experience operating in or supporting a Navy training environment is required. Two (2) years of Surface Combat Systems experience in: design, operations, engineering development, systems integration, lifetime support maintenance, or training development with various Surface Combat Systems.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 24, 2016, 9:45:30 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-DAHLGREN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: