Full Time Employee Contractor
ManTech is seeking a Senior Level Environmental Professional with over 10 years of professional in related environmental field. Responsibilities for this position would include serving as a Project Manager for the preparation of a variety of NEPA documentation and related resource management and state and Federal permitting documents. The successful candidate will be responsible for project and staff management, leading ongoing environmental planning work, and supporting the development of environmental documents and studies in compliance with NEPA. The successful candidate will serve as Project Manager and analyst on complex planning projects, with an emphasis on subject matter responsibilities in one or more fields of expertise relating to the planning or the physical environment, including marine resources, water resources, water quality, and military range planning. The primary duties are to work with clients, resource agencies, environmental and technical staff to prepare environmental documents and related technical studies. The successful candidate would have familiarity with the consulting industry, the ability to work independently and demonstrate a high level of competence in the area of technical report writing related to NEPA compliance as well as other types of technical reports and regulatory (Federal, State, local) permitting documents.
You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills to effectively manage projects and interact with teams of staff, sub consultants, and clients. Successful candidate will have the ability to write concise technical documents; to multi-task effectively to accommodate working on various simultaneous and diverse projects; and to follow through to completion all assigned and delegated tasks. This position requires work within a group and individual setting and the ability to complete tasks within tight deadlines. The position may require some travel.
Requirements: Basic Qualifications:
1. Bachelor of Science degree in environmental studies, natural resource management, planning or related field
2. A minimum of ten years of relevant professional experience
3. Experience with environmental compliance and permitting for the military
4. Knowledge of NEPA requirements
5. Knowledge of federal and state permit processes
6. Working knowledge of environmental mapping and database applications
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills
8. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
9. Ability to periodically travel
1. Ability to work well independently and with a diverse, multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced, team oriented work environment
2. Solid time management and follow-through skills, with the ability to simultaneously work on and manage multiple tasks/projects with tight deadlines
3. Positive and energetic attitude
4. Self motivated; strong initiative
5. Detail oriented; resourceful.
6. Military background and experience
7. Secret Security Clearance
To apply for this job, contact: