Full Time Employee
Sr. Systems Engineer – Lab Manager (Job Number:419116)
SAIC has an opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to support the Vanguard 2.2.1 program which provides transparent, interconnected systems and security support for the Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. The IRM program supports the Department of State to successfully carry out its U.S. foreign policy mission by providing enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktop computers, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications.
This position requires a current Secret security clearance for consideration.
- The candidate will be responsible for the configuration, operations and maintenance of a systems integration lab.
- Research, analyze, evaluate and integrate as necessary new and emerging technologies in order to find ways to deliver a superior IT environment to the bureaus in a cost effective and secure manner.
- Support the continuing goal of incorporating these innovative technologies into the Department’s equipment modernization program.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter, someone who can work independently, and will be flexible in a fast- paced environment.
Description of Duties:
- Work with customers to determine their functional needs.
- Translating customer needs into hardware/software requirements for existing or new hardware/software applications.
- Deploy lab IT systems.
- Act as the technical team lead for integration projects.
- Provide Tier III support to deployed systems.
- Assist in the development of Enterprise policies and directives.
- Participate in functional or UAT testing to ensure final product meets intent of the customer’s needs.
- Conduct Technical Exchange Meetings.
- Create test plans, installation guides, technical specifications, white papers as needed.
- Communicate regularly to government POCs regarding project activities and status.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years recent related Microsoft systems integration and design experience. Additional training and experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Server virtualization and domain experience.
- LAN/WAN networking experience.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Experience working with customers to capture/document requirements.
- Knowledge of Department of State processes and procedures considered a significant plus.
- Ability to apply ITIL v3 Foundation concepts within the workplace.
- Experience with enterprise storage arrays (e.g. NetApp, EMC, Hitachi, etc.)
- Experience with Enterprise Backup and disaster recovery systems.
- Strong scripting skills.
- MCSE certification.
- Must currently possess a Secret security clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 1, 2016, 12:58:52 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: