Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, IA. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about building great flight control products, enjoys working with a team of talented developers, and who is eager to take on big challenges. Rockwell Collins is proud to be providing flight control products to major commercial aircraft programs. As part of this team, you will be exposed to a gamut of flight control technologies, a world class experience, and have the ability to significantly contribute to the delivery of our award winning products around the world!
This for You If:
• You like working with a diverse, dynamic team of highly motivated and talented people
• You enjoy being recognized for a job well done
• You are looking to make a difference
• You believe in innovating
• You appreciate working in a culture of trust and support
• You want a chance to develop your skills as a leader
• You like moving fast
What You’ll Do:
• Application design from concept through development and implementation
• Platform design from concept through development and implementation
• Develop Software and perform Systems Integration for flight control products
• Define software requirements for flight control systems including functional requirements and interface requirements
• Develop Requirements Based Test Procedures and perform requirements based verification including structural coverage analysis
• Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes, and proactively improve existing processes
• Consistently deliver quality software
• Work with internal and external teams to coordinate parallel development efforts into single releases
• Keep yourself up to date with the latest trends in software engineering and tools
• Collaborate and interact in a multi-functional, multi-discipline development team
• Mentor other engineers in the development process, systems integration, and software engineering practices
• Consult regarding software architecture
What You Need:
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
• Expertise with developing and supporting software applications involving C/assembly/Ada in the development of high integrity functions
• Prior experience leading projects from conception to implementation
• Low-level platform and application-level software experience
• Strong understanding of software engineering state of the art practices (algorithms, model based development)
• Self-starter that can work in a highly cross functional environment and remove roadblocks
• Excellent organizational skills
• Great project management skills
• Commitment to quality and improvement
• Stellar interpersonal skills
Additional skills a plus:
• Model based development
• Experience with Ada
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Flight Controls Engineering*
**Title:** *Sr Software Engineer - Fly-by-Wire (Cedar Rapids, IA)*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *SOF000000F2*
To apply for this job, contact: