Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Marina del Rey
**Qualifications:** The ideal candidate should possess:
• 5 or more years of software engineering experience
• Familiarity with C/C++ & Java programming UNIX/Linux platform
• Experience engaging with customer representatives for requirements analysis, testing and system documentation
• Experience analyzing system requirements in a test environment
• Experience preparing system documentation, test plans, or test procedures
• Experience writing and debugging automated test scripts
• Experience with software integration builds
• Knowledge of SDLC at an Enterprise level
• Must be able to communicate effectively with customers
• Experience with freight railroad or transit agency projects
Education or Certification Requirements:
• BS degree in Computer Science or a related field, M.S. is preferred
**Job #:** 16653BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Full Time
**Job Description:** At Rockwell Collins IMS (formerly ARINC), it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins IMS as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins IMS and help shape our future while creating yours.
Rockwell Collins in Marina del Rey is currently seeking a motivated Senior Software Engineer in Test to support our Rail Product Engineering business. This individual will lead the System Testing activity for a medium sized project.
Responsibilities will include:
• Participate in requirements analysis and review for positive train control technologies
• Develop system test documentation
• Develop and implement a validation approach for a highly reliable enterprise class server involving automated scripting and domain analysis
• Lead the development of automated test scripts in a Linux environment
• Prepare and update manual test procedures and oversee their execution and reporting
• Develop system test concepts for laboratory and field tests
We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins IMS, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, and educational assistance. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
**Amount of Travel Required:** 0%-25%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: