Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Marina del Rey
**Qualifications:** The ideal candidate should possess:
• 8 plus years of experience working in software development, testing and control systems.
• Solid knowledge and hands-on experience with the following languages: C, C++, Java.
• Knowledge and hands on experience with MS SQL, Oracle database and VMware.
• Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall SDLC.
• Experience with Requirements Analysis, Design, Development, Test, Implementation and integration.
• Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Able to work independently or within a team.
• Experience with SCADA and Train Control Systems
• Software Systems Integration
• Enjoy problem solving and committed to delivering high-quality software
• Interface with external data sources
• A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Experience with multi-threaded programming and practices
• Positive attitude and eager to learn and improve
• Cloud Based programming experience
Education and Certification Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or other technical area, Master’s degree is preferred.
**Job #:** 16667BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Full Time
**Job Description:** At Rockwell Collins IMS (formerly ARINC), it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins IMS as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins IMS and help shape our future while creating yours.
Rockwell Collins IMS Surface Transportation and Critical Infrastructure division in Marina Del Rey, CA is currently seeking a motivated Technical Project Manager to join our team.
• Oversee and manage technical aspects of software development projects.
• Providing adequate reporting to all stakeholders such as customers, business partners and management; report overall program performance to plan.
• Considered the customer and program manager’s technical point of contact for medium to high complexity program development.
• Works with the program manager to develop the program execution (budget, schedule, resources) plan for medium to high complexity project. Provides risk assessment of technical issues to program manager.
• Ensure software engineering activities remain within budget, on schedule, and meet requirements.
• Identify and secure the necessary resources for the execution of the project through interaction with Rail Product Engineering management team.
• Mentors engineering staff.
• Participate in software development activities including requirement analysis, design, coding, software testing, and documentation.
• Participate in bid efforts for medium to high complexity development projects. Often creates the WBS and coordinates bid inputs for the engineering bid team.
• Understands relationship of his/her projects to other development projects, to provide input for ways to leverage the investments across the division.
• Often represents Rockwell Collins to the customer, in the absence of the program manager.
The ongoing goals for this position are as follows:
• Maintain and enhance existing software baseline.
• Participate in code reviews and knowledge transfer.
• Follow and enforce engineering guidelines set in software development methodology.
• Contribute to team coding standards and monitor the code base for compliance.
• Diligent Work ethic.
We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins IMS, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, and educational assistance. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
**Amount of Travel Required:** 0%-25%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: