Full Time Employee
IT Help Desk Technician (Job Number:419686)
SAIC has teamed with the GSA to design, develop and support the evolution of IT Service Delivery for the GSA Enterprise. GSA IT requires an Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)-based solution that has an integrated, enterprise-wide focus to deliver shared IT services in accordance with GSA IT’s governance structure and portfolio-based framework.
SAIC is looking for Help Desk Technicians in Somerset, KY.
This is a shift work position in a 24x7x365 environment requiring flexibility in work hours.
- Provides first line technical support for local and remote users, resolving technical problems and answering queries through various channels such as telephone, chat, email, and tickets submitted online. Follows all company and department documented policies and procedures.
- Identifies, diagnoses isolates, and resolves problems with hardware, software, network, and system/applications utilizing technical skills, historical database records, and knowledgebase documentation.
- Supporting commercial (COTS) software, customer specific applications, internet browsers, desktops, laptops, mobile devices and more.
- May route tickets to product line specialists, application, or system support specialists, requiring clearly documented descriptions of customers request and any troubleshooting performed.
- Maintains and updates records in Incident Management system.
- This is a shift work position in a 24x7x365 environment requiring flexibility in work hours.
- Minimum 1 year of technical support experience in a call center environment
- Proven hardware/software troubleshooting experience
- Proven experience providing effective and professional communication, addressing moderately complex technical issues via telephone, email, and chat
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work well with all teammates in a fast-paced SLA driven environment
- Interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communications, including the ability to collaborate effectively
- Understanding of IT concepts/practices and experience with common service desk software.
- Proven ability to think and troubleshoot logically and act decisively in critical situations
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office and Windows OS in an enterprise environment
- Experience with account administration and password resets in a Microsoft Active Directory environment k) High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Willingness to work any shift in a 24x7x365 environment, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to arrive and start work promptly at beginning of scheduled shift
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 8, 2016, 7:52:30 AM
Primary Location: United States-KY-SOMERSET
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
To apply for this job, contact: