Aviation Recruiting (www.aviationrecruiting.net)
Full Time Employee
Production Superintendent streamlines the production process, contains costs, decreases errors, meets deadlines and supervises employees. The Superintendent does a daily update report of aircraft status for all sections, reviews each work package and discusses with supervisors where the aircraft is in flow, as well as any problems affecting the aircraft flow. He has overall responsibility for personnel, planning, organizing and coordinating manufacturing floor assembly activities on a specific work shift. He ensures production schedules are attained daily while meeting safety, cost and quality objectives. This involves improving operating efficiency, identifying unfavorable trends and taking corrective action.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Training, coaching and motivating employees to achieve production goals and objectives.
- Develop training aids such as manuals and handbooks in liaise with OJT Coordinator.
- Coordinate with MFG Engineers to develop the work package and upload it in LAWSON.
- Develop methods to utilize personnel and resources in the best possible ways.
- Oversee Production Supervisors and coordinate with MFG Engineers.
- Determine whether overtime is needed for certain tasks and whether additional equipment is necessary.
- Knowledgeable about program and company safety requirements and take measures to ensure no violations occur.
- Continually suggesting more cost-effective processes and reducing waste while also increasing productivity and employee satisfaction.
- Reviews production line for peak efficiency, output, and corrects deficiencies as necessary.
- Work to solve conflicts quickly and suggest solutions with strategic resolutions.
- Implement continuous improvement activities.
- Recommends potential employees for hire, also recommends if manufacturing floor positions should be staffed or reduced.
Qualification, Education, Training, & Certifications
- Degree in business management, or business administration, or an equivalent level of military training and experience.
- USAF F-15 Structures experience is a must. F-15 wing structures experience is highly desirable.
- Experience in an F-15 specific structures - fabrication shop production / manufacturing environment is required to qualify for the position.
- At least five years of Superintendent experience in a production / manufacturing environment.
- Must have working experience, and be able to become knowledgeable of the policies and procedures governing foreign military and logistics operations.
- Must possess computer skills e.g. Microsoft Excel and Word, and be able to read technical data, drawings, processes, and procedures.
- Must have communication skills and the ability to supervise and manage employees.
- Professional development in technical and leadership training is a plus.
- Excellent and verifiable leadership skills.
Please send your resume, DD214, VMET, and technical training certificates to [email protected] or contact Aviation Recruiting at 904.264.0097 and ask to speak to Rob Webb or Terry Hunter.
To apply for this job, contact: