Full Time Employee
Software Systems Engineer (Job Number:419727)
Software Systems Engineer (ICE) Description Outstanding IT professional is need to provide technical development and software engineering support for a large project supporting complex systems. Role will provide development and support for a wide variety of tools and will expand support in the future to support multiple projects. The support tools will include version management, bug tracking, automated build/deploy, IDE integration and other similar development tools.
Primary Job Activities:
- Github Maintenance and development
- Git Command Help Support
- JIRA Maintenance and development
- RPM Creation
- Code Analysis Support
- Dot File Maintenance
- COTS Tools support (Jenkins)
- GS installations and support
- Code Analysis Support
- IDE integration
- “Gold Standard” development and upgrades
- Configuration Management Process Support
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or relevant discipline or relevant equivalent experience (4 years)
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience as a configuration management analyst or systems administrator using Unix/Linux and supporting developers using object oriented languages such as Java/JEE/C++
- Knowledge of scripting languages (PERL, Python, bash)
- Must be flexible and open to learning and supporting a wide variety of technologies in addition to the operating system.
- Must be able to embrace and adapt to frequent constant change both in technology and project scope
- Experience with ticket tracking software JIRA/Rally/Remedy etc.
- IDE, Text editors and command line knowledge
- Troubleshooting skills
- Excellent customer service
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Can start uncleared but must be able to start clearance upon acceptance and must have the ability to obtain and maintain both a required US DOE Q security clearance and a required SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies and working on Agile teams
- Experience working with Github and JIRA for version management and bug tracking or a similar system
- Puppet/Ansible/Kickstart Knowledge
- Experience with cloud technologies Docker/Packer/Kubernetes/OpenStack/AWS
- Configuration Management Knowledge
- Certified Scrum Master or other agile certification
- Development experience with object-oriented software development using Java/JEE/C++.
- An active Q or TS along with SCI security clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 9, 2016, 12:11:30 PM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: