Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Vanguard Network Engineer (Job Number:419780)
SAIC is seeking a Vanguard Network Engineer in Washington, DC to support of the Department of State and the Vanguard contract
Supports the Department of State (DOS) Telecommunications, Wireless and Data Services Division (TWD) Division, which provides managed voice and data network services to domestic DOS customers.
- Support event management, incident management, service management, and problem management activities, as well as support the implementation of new technology and cost-effective enhancements to the existing voice and data networks.
- Responsible for using Cisco and Avaya products, as well as a working knowledge of encryption solutions, private branch exchanges (PBXs), and local and wide-area networks (LAN/WAN).
- Planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links.
Description of Duties:
- Constructs, tests and implements integrated network, hardware and software solutions, distributed computing solutions, and/or physical and logical communications networks for the customer.
- Participates in day-to-day orders, Special Projects, and trouble tickets to include Move, Add, and Change requests for the data and/or voice network.
- Writes and executes detailed engineering implementations, generates bills of materials (BOMs), and basis of estimates (BOEs) unassisted.
- Provides network performance statistics and reports and recommends technical enhancements to the network.
- Interfaces with others on system infrastructure problems and advises management on technical problems, priorities, and methods.
- Ensures customer satisfaction with the resolution or circumvention of hardware, software, and/or circuit problems including the assessment of bandwidth requirements based upon empirical data.
- Provides technical consulting on high level network designs, platform sizing, infrastructure system design and the application of new technologies.
- Applies extensive industry and enterprise knowledge to identify and recommend integrated solutions, products and services to support the enterprise's accomplishments of business goals or technical needs.
- Researches, evaluates and stays current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
- Contributes to systems infrastructure plans based on an understanding of the customer's organizational direction, technical context and business needs.
- Contributes to the creation of new policies and procedures for Maintenance Plan and Continuity of Operations Plan.
- Extensive client interaction with primary focus of achieving and surpassing client project goals.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 9 years of experience or 13 years of related experience.
- 5 years of core routing and switching experience
- Cisco Certified.
- Active Secret Clearance with the ability to get a Top Secret Clearance.
- LAN/WAN/MAN design and migration experience with a focus on WAN services (ISDN, Frame-Relay, Point- to-Point, and MPLS).
- Detailed understanding and capability of implementing various routing protocols to include OSPF, BGP and Static Routes.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 5, 2016, 11:58:43 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: